Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
To gain regional business for Interserve Water Services in a targeted geographical area. Target sectors would include: General Manufacturing, Hospitality and Leisure, NHS Healthcare / Care Homes and Charities, Public, Travel and Transport. Services to promote and sell will include Monitoring and control contracts, remedial projects,Training and Risk Assessments.
This is a mobile position covering the South of England. Candidates between the regions of Maidstone, Canterbury, Dover, Folkestone and Hastings will be considered.
- Identify top prospects within each defined market sector within your allocated geographical territory.
- Plan a sales campaign in conjunction with the Sales Director to generate opportunities via Direct Mail, E-Mailers, Client Referrals, Direct Cold Calling, Seminars, Meet the Buyer Forums, Exhibitions, Sales Leads, OJEU Tenders, Consultants.
- Network with other Interserve sellers to generate and receive Cross Selling opportunities.
- Produce Proposals / Quotations / Tenders in accordance with Interserve minimum standards and templates.
- Achieve target number of first appointments and target number and value of Proposals/ Quotations / Tenders each month.
- Achieve Sales Target as a minimum both for Annualised value and in year contribution.
What we are looking for
- Experience of selling regional service based contracts.
- Working knowledge of the legionella control and water treatment marketplace.
- Must be IT literate in all Microsoft Office software.
- Relationship Builder - Builds rapport both internally and externally. Empathetic. Good active listener. Uses appropriate body language mirroring appropriately. Confident open and friendly. Recognises personality types and adjusts behaviour and methodology accordingly.
- Preparer and Planner - Adopts planned methodologies to address situations. Thorough advance preparation and planning. Anticipates potential outcomes and objections and prepares in advance.
- Active Listener - Uses active listening skills to build rapport with the client. Takes notes, confirms and summarises effectively. Uses silence as a powerful tool. Replays client language and phrases. Questioning style and rapport building encourages prospects to open up. Confirms meeting output and actions.
- Needs Analyser - Has a structured approach to uncovering needs of prospects or internal customers. Uses funnel questioning technique to go from wider issues to product specific. In prospect situations looks for decision makers, timescale, business results, personal wins, scope of opportunity, budget, competitors / alternatives, next steps. Clarifies when necessary. Goes with the flow rather than pre-selected path. Identifies and explores areas of pain using deficit questions.
- Networker - Appreciates the need to network widely either internally or externally with all influencers to create buy-in. Uses differing networking opportunities to create relationships with all stakeholders. Naturally inquisitive about people and what makes them tick. Uses structured approach to "covering the bases". Identifies and uses a "Coach" . Identifies and gets to the Economic Buyer. Recognises User and Technical Buyers and the roles they play. Positions themselves as a subject matter expert.
- Inspiring Presenter - Adopts appropriate communication media to the situation and people involved. Verbally confident and persuasive. Creates impact, eloquent. Logical persuasive structure to any communication. Clearly articulates the Value Proposition and service offering using Features, Advantages, Benefits, Evidence to match client needs and pain points and to overcome objections. Uses anecdotes, story telling and case study evidence to graphically illustrate and positively persuade.
- Solution Developer - Gathers all relevant information that could impact a situation (eg 7 M's - market, machines, materials, minutes, methods, money, manpower) Creates solutions that match the needs of influencers. Adjusts solution presentation to meet individual styles. Knowledge of financial modeling to balance risk and reward. Creates a Win-Win solution. Creates differentiation and counters competition appropriately.
- Sales Tactician - Plans a sales campaign to counter and minimise red flags, maximise strengths, counter competitor threats and position the sale positively. Uses effective relationship mapping to position internal and or external resources to move a sale forward. Uses a Coach to overcome difficulties and win the business.
- Delivering Results - Focused on delivering results whatever the task. Plans an outcome before commencing the process. Proven track record of consistent results against targets set. Uses effective negotiating techniques. Gains commitment and closure. Agrees next actions and/or a call to action.
- Self Motivated.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills.
- Has presence and confidence.
- Persistent and tenacious.
- Highly persuasive.
- Professional Image.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.1 billion and a workforce of over 75,000 people worldwide.