|Job Ref:||TECHSRY01||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Redhill||Address:||Post Code:||B49||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 65,000 per year, C/A, Pension, Bonus||Post Date:||16/10/2016 00:17|
New opportunities with established developer in Surrey. Excellent training schemes, leading salaries, financially secure and strong land banks for coming years. Join a motivated and challenged team within the Design and Technical department in the head office near Redhill. This team is set to double in size in the next 24 months, which will provide staff with excellent career opportunities.|
Main Purpose of the Job
To control and co-ordinate of all technical information between external consultants and
internal departments and ensure its timely distribution to commercial and construction to meet
the build programmes
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
Typically the Technical Manager will be expected to undertake the following duties:
* Attend regular design team meetings with consultants; take and distribute minutes as required.
* Assist with specification development and review.
* Ensure consultants working to brief and delivering to program
* Liaise with consultants during technical design and respond to queries raised
* Ensure the timely provision of production information to the project team
* Review and comment on technical information for best value engineered solutions and compliance with the specification
* Provide information for discharge of planning Conditions
* Liaise with Building Control body to achieve Building Control Approval
* Submit applications for NHBC Warranties, Robust Detail applications etc.
* Co-ordinate air testing regime and acoustic testing where required.
* Co-ordinate information in regard to EPC Certification and issue final certificates upon receipt.
* Brief specialist suppliers and send out design enquiries to include beam and block floors, floor joists, lintels, trussed rafters, ventilation , plumbing and heating
* Review and comment on specialist suppliers drawings to ensure co-ordination of detailed design
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Will have experience of working upon a variety of new build residential projects
* A good technical knowledge of residential construction.
* Have a proven track record of delivery while displaying commercial awareness.
* Be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills, as well as effective communication skills when dealing with internal and external resources.
* Have a good knowledge and awareness of Health and Safety and CDM.
* A good knowledge of Planning, Building Regulations, NHBC, Drainage Highway matters, Public Utilities, Party Wall Awards and associated legislation connected with the construction industry
In return you will be rewarded with a leading salary, bonus, car scheme and motivated environment on offer for the right calibre candidates. Contact me for more info...
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills technical manager residential design coordinator