|Job Ref:||017620||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||United States||County/State:||Illinois||City:||Itasca||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:05|
Responsible for providing a dedicated and complete pre-contract and post-contract commercial management service for complex deals including but not limited to non-standard commercial terms, non-traditional financing, , multi-product and service solutions. |
The Director, Commercial Operations will manage a team of experienced commercial professionals within the Sales Organization that provides support for sales activities around qualifying the opportunities, gaining a deep understanding of the customer requirements and translating these into optimized commercial solutions, modelling the solutions, presenting the commercial construct to internal and external stakeholders and assisting in negotiating the commercial terms with the customer.
Critical to success in the role is:
a detailed knowledge of HDS products and services,
in-depth understanding of competitive offerings and appropriate competitive responses,
HDS pricing methodologies,
complex bid management process,
commercial modelling and deal financing,
heavily promoting the commercial operations across the sales teams
• Responsible for setting the commercial strategy for the Geography, including ensuring the commercial function is strategically aligned with the Sales and finance organizations.
• Responsible for the operational success of the commercial function within the Geography.
• Responsible for pricing, structuring and financing of strategic deals, ensuring the company's long term win rate, revenue and margin are maximized and all stakeholders are informed and involved.
• Overall responsibility for modelling deal pricing and commercial structuring on large complex transactions at the Geography and Regional levels.
• Responsible for deal qualification, utilizing commercial, product, market and competitor intelligence to offer a go/no go opinion from a commercial perspective.
• Responsible for overseeing post-contract commercial management to ensure the company is meeting contractual obligations and financial results are being maximized.
• Challenge the product and services organizations to ensure the cost base is appropriate and competitive.
• Establish and maintain interfaces with key internal functions and with appropriate levels within the client project organization.
• Ensure commercial team is properly trained on latest commercial models and creative approaches taken across the geo.
• Develop commercial understanding and competence across the Sales organization by proactively maintaining a presence with the sales teams and delivering the value message.
• Demonstrable business awareness with the ability to adopt a disciplined and commercial approach to achieving goals and objectives. Appropriate experience would include being fully conversant with financial modelling, business indicators, financing solutions and financial trends.
• Excellent understanding and awareness of business financial dynamics and problem solving.
• Ability to influence and drive change across all levels of a business.
• Proven ability to manage teams of professionals and provide the requisite support to effectively conduct business .
• Understanding of the technical, contractual and financial requirements of the commercial management role and their inter-relationship.
• A strong and confident communicator and presenter capable of developing excellent working relationships and who can effectively communicate the benefits of commercial structures within the company and to customers and prospects. Possess good understanding of Hitachi Data Systems global capabilities and the global business and market issues facing clients.
• An appreciation of business practices from a global perspective
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.