|Job Ref:||CA_37061||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chorley||Address:||Post Code:||WV16||Post Date:||21/10/2016 01:06|
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to ensure that work is completed safely, on time and to budget and to the required quality. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring that labour is effectively managed and utilised and to manage the co-ordination of sub-contractor operations.
The area coverage for the surveyor is responsible for the North Yorks, Mid Yorks, Lincoln Sheffield to North East perimeter. This person deals with the client and sales executives of the customer for the region covering all aspects of poling, civils and cabling.
The post is an integeral and important part of CNS/SBS.
• To undertake the management of labour force and subcontractors
• Liaise with the Supervisor, Planner and Sector or Operations Manager to establish programme of works (weekly rolling) and method of working.
• To control the works of the labour teams and to issue works to gangs in a structured and organised manner
• Inspect, prepare and maintain site for the execution of work.
• Organise the mobilisation / demobilisation of labour, plant, materials and equipment for the execution of the works in accordance with the agreed programme.
• Monitor and control quality of works and motivate resources to ensure finished work is in accordance with the drawings, specifications and Employer’s requirements.
• Implement, maintain and monitor systems for managing site safety, welfare and environmental issues (including giving toolbox talks and briefings).
• People Management – Safety Briefings, Performance Reviews, Development, Discipline/Grievance and other People Policies
• Processes – Accurate and Timely Completion of:
a. Job Packs
• Finance – Minimise Material consumption, Manage PPE, Plant Hire Cost management
• Continuous Improvement – Minimise abortive and repeat visits
• Effective Communication/Relationships – public and customer
• Issue Resolution – public and customer
Additional Role Information