|Job Ref:||8751||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
Material Ordering Team Planner - Position responsibilities include,|
• Forecast and identification of material ordering requirements and establishing a material ordering plan and schedule for programs such as Ohio Replacement and Virginia Class
• Establishing material ordering database records including maintenance and update.
• Chairing meetings to plan, coordinate, and execute material ordering activity from material release through delivery to and availability in yard.
• Corresponding and interfacing with all functional stakeholders as needed including the customer which includes, chairing or attending Material Ordering Team, Ship, or Program Management meetings to represent the material management organization.
• Evaluating, auditing, discovering and assessing requirements in various material ordering and associated Design / Engineering, ARTEMIS and MRPII databases relative to progress measurement, schedule accuracy, supply chain and strategy opportunities, identification of and coordinating risk area solutions in support of construction schedule, resource, and capacity needs or other program, project or task cost and schedule objectives.
• Preparation of and daily use of various reports and computer driven / based systems and tools required to evaluate information
• Timely and clear communication of status or risk associated with responsibilities and other associated material ordering / supply chain activities either verbally or written to peers and senior management.
The position may require travel between Quonset Point, Groton and New London or other sites to attend meetings and participate in design build sustain team activities. In addition, weekly and weekend overtime may be required to support project schedules