Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- Discipline Technical Authority, on behalf of Discipline Head. Manage and provide technical leadership to senior discipline engineers.
- Responsible to provide technical services in the area of discipline engineering for all assigned engineering projects and ad-hoc support, in order to achieve the required technical quality and integrity of work while considering project objectives in terms of safety, time and cost.
Experience & Skills:
- Bachelor degree in Instrument and Control or Electronics and Telecommunications or Information Technology and Tele communications Engineering or Equivalent from an internationally recognised University or Institution.
- Chartered Engineer status or equivalent is preferable.
- 12 years relevant post graduate experience, of which 8 years shall be in Oil & Gas industry.
- Experience shall include Project Development Studies, FEED & Detailed engineering development.
- Candidate shall have all necessary experience and skills in selection and handling of various Field and Control Room Telecommunication equipment or packages including DCS/ESD/SCADA/F&G fiber optic and radio communications Systems encountered in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Essential experience skills shall also include engineering coordination with various discipline engineers during FEED and Detailed engineering development and management of such contracts.
- Experience in commissioning and start-up and trouble-shooting of Instrumentation Control and Telecommunication equipment encountered in oil & gas processing facilities is essential.
- Skill and knowledge of International, Shell DEPs and/or QP standards related to his area of expertise.
- Extensive leadership skills to motivate and organise Senior Instrument Control and Communication engineers and staff to achieve a high performance level. Should be a proactive team player with broader QP objectives as vision.
- Proficiency level in the use of the English language (both written and spoken) should be of high standard and must approach that of a native speaker.
- Work experience in the Arabian Gulf Countries is desirable.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.