Primary Purpose of the Job: |
- To manage and be responsible for all the Technical Assurance and Quality Management matters of the Engineering Services department and ensure that they are in compliance with Corporate technical standards and specifications and other relevant management system procedures, guidelines and QHSE certification requirements. Develop and execute assurance plans, procedures, workflows etc., and provide oversight to ensure that projects executed by the directorate are in technical compliance with respective project engineering, technical and quality requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- The candidate shall be a graduate in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering from an internationally recognized University.
- Should have ISO 9000 Lead Auditor qualifications; post graduation in multi Discipline Engineering is preferable.
- Membership from a Professional Institution is preferable.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant engineering, technical and quality assurance experience in the Oil & Gas (Upstream or downstream) Projects with an international consultancy or engineering company, EPIC contractor or end user with at least last 5 years in similar senior position of managing the technical assurance.
- Experience shall include working with various discipline engineers during Concept optimization studies, FEED and Detailed Engineering.
- Extensive experience as practicing lead auditor, possessing skills for identifying, planning, organizing and conducting audits and reviews with applied knowledge in engineering of major and critical O&G projects.
- The candidate shall be familiar with development of technical and quality management systems and motivated to achieve a high performance level.
- The candidate should behave experience in preparation of procedures, specification and other documents and conversant and possess working knowledge and experience with International codes relevant to onshore or off-shore or refinery works.
- Should be familiar with engineering specification of other O&G majors in petroleum refining industry.
- Familiarity with Shell DEPs is an added advantage.
- The candidate should be fully familiar and experienced in Quality Management, Quality Assurance and Quality Control practices applicable to all the phases of major Projects in Oil & Gas Industry.
- Proficiency level in the use of the English language (both written and spoken) should be high and should have skills to prepare and present procedures, plans, specification, periodic reports etc.
- Work experience in the Arabian Gulf Countries is desirable.
Please note that only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.