the evolution of mobility
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Bombardier CRJ In-Service Engineering, located in Mirabel, Quebec, provides repair services to a fleet of CRJ200, CRJ700, CRJ900 and CRJ1000 aircraft in use by operators around the world. The Structures Group is tasked with providing repair design solutions for aircraft damage ranging from minor structural damage, lightning strikes and bird impacts, to major accidental damage caused by ground collisions with vehicles / airports ground equipments / other airplanes, etc. A team of Structural Engineers (Designers & Stress Engineers) work to ensure the repair solutions meet the stringent requirements of airworthiness regulations and are provided to all of our operators in time.
In your role you will:
- Be part of the engineering team assigned to the design of structural repair schemes and dispositions for damaged in-service aircraft, in accordance with International Civil Aviation Regulatory / Government
- Agencies (TCCA, FAA, EASA, etc.) and Bombardier Aerospace requirements; having as final goal the aircraft return to service in optimum time.
- Provide guidance in selecting / defining the right structural repair Design method, structural configurations, materials (including metallic and composites) and hardware, in order to produce
- optimized repair schemes, while meeting tight customer's schedules and deadlines.
- Provide stress substantiations (when required) of structural repairs completed on CRJ aircraft which demonstrate compliance with applicable airworthiness regulations.
- Review and approve stress substantiation reports (when required) to ensure accuracy and compliance with the methods and procedures of Bombardier.
- Review, finalize and approve as necessary the "Design" stage (and "Stress" stage when required) of the repair solutions prepared by your team, submit them for compliance review and approval (to a Transport
- Canada DAD, member of Bombardier DAO) and release the final resulting engineering documents.
- Coordinate with other sections and departments to ensure the development of comprehensive, optimized and efficient repair solutions.
- Work to improve existing technical and procedural processes within In-Service Engineering to provide the best service to operators of CRJ aircraft.
- Liaise with aircraft operators in telephone conversations and meetings to provide technical expertise and explanations related to repairs.
- Organize, monitor and perform on-site Damage Surveys of immobilized aircraft (Occasional
- International travel required).
- Direct support of Bombardier Mobile Repair Team, including Design and analysis of repairs and instructions to operators regarding inspections / shoring procedures / symmetry checks required for returning the aircraft to service.
As our ideal candidate,
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
- You hold a Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university.
- You have a minimum of 15 years work experience in aircraft structural design, sizing, stress analysis
- (static substantiation as minimum requirement).
- You are willing to provide 24/7 on-call support to customers and to work shifts that cover a 7 days operation (compensated by shift premiums / bonuses)
- You have a good knowledge of standard materials and processes used in aviation industry for manufacturing and repair.
- You are currently a structures Designated Engineer Signatory (member of an internationally recognized
- DAO (or equivalent name) by FAA, EASA, TCCA), or you are eligible to become one.
- You are skilled in repair Design / Sizing / Stress Static analysis of aircraft structural repairs.
- You are familiar with applicable airworthiness regulations as they apply to aircraft structures.
- You are able to work with no supervision in a fast paced working environment.
- You are familiar with the use of Flight/Operations & Maintenance Manuals and ATA 100 breakdown system for aircraft documents.
- You have skills with analysis tools such as Excel, Catia V4, Catia V5.
- You have good writing skills in English.
- You are fluent in both; German & English is an asset.
- European Community membership is an asset.
- You are able to be re-located permanently in Garching or Munich, Germany.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at NA
Your ideas move people.