|Job Ref:||10533BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 04:03|
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with several Quantity Surveyors for our@one alliance (Anglian Water) framework based at Peterborough. As Quantity Surveyor you will be accountable for the commercial and cost management of a project or programme of projects from inception through to close out. Responsibility to ensure that all operations are carried out to control costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety whilst also ensuring that maximum efficiencies are obtained and full compliance with the Alliance and Anglian Water governance procedures is achieved . |
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
You will report directly to the Project Commercial Manger and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Manage all aspects of commercial and cost management of a project or group of projects as designated by the Project Commercial Manager
• Provide an estimating service & / or assist the programme area estimating team to ensure robust estimates are provided that align to scope & make allowance for all risks & opportunities including any necessary analysis, transfer of data to CCMS & the Cost Base
• Subcontracts are properly prepared & reflect agreed scope. Subcontracts are properly managed in accordance with contract requirements including compliance with all responses to communications, payments, compensation events, programme submissions etc., that all contract files are maintained & kept up to date
• Responsible for developing procurement schedule and ensuring timely delivery of goods and services in line with solution cost estimate allowances & programme
• Provide reports on actual costs v estimate & identifying underlying reasons for any variance & resolutions, in particular highlight, challenge & resolve variance to latest plans
• Ensure that all project team members (including site staff) understand the contractual arrangements, in order to satisfy Client & partner organisation requirements
• Work with the delivery team to ensure project and programme risk mitigation plans are considered, put in place & administered
• Working in collaboration with the Delivery Team to identify implement & monitor efficiency plans throughout the lifecycle of a project or programme of projects
• Ensuring that proper records are kept & maintained so financial information for audits & cost assurance is readily available
• Final accounts are prepared timely and accurately
• Preferably experience within a construction/engineering background
• Civil or Mechanical Engineering background
• Experience in a similar role
• Knowledge of NEC3 Option C form of contract
• Studying towards membership of an appropriate recognised professional institution
• Educated to B tech - Higher lever (preferably degree level in Quantity Surveying)
• Strong commercial background
• Ability to solicit views across multiple parties, lead discussions and manage interdependencies.
• Ability to build and develop relationships with other MWHT employees including project managers
• A knowledge of water/wastewater industry
• Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to work with colleagues whose work will be impacted by your activities.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)