|Job Ref:||10529BR||Employer:||MWH||Industry:||Construction||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 04:03|
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with Assistant Quantity Surveyors for our @one Alliance (Anglian Water) framework. As Assistant Quantity Surveyor you will support the Quantity Surveyors and Commercial Manager by assisting with the control of costs, maximising value, minimising future liabilities and maintaining the required standard of quality and safety. |
The Anglian Water @one Alliance is a collaborative organization of consultants and contractors working together to deliver more than half of Anglian Waters capital investment programme. We will design and build around 800 schemes worth approximately £1.2billion. We design and construct water and water recycling (waste water) treatment centres that serve more than six million people in the East of England whilst maintaining and improving the water mains and the sewerage network in the region.
You will report directly to the Commercial Manager and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Work within the project teams liaising with the Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Technical Delivery Managers , procurement buyers, procurement schedulers, planners and site managers.
• Assist in improving cost efficiency and creating an environment of outperformance
• Work under guidance of the Quantity Surveyor and Programme Area Commercial Manager within the programme area for allocated projects to:
• Provide assistance with preparation of integrated cost forecasts for projects including the provision of cost reports out of CCMS either weekly or otherwise as agreed.
• Ensure scheme (and gang, where applicable) production and profitability are recorded.
• Ensure direct labour payments are monitored and reported correctly.
• Analyse individual cost items to assist in measuring cost efficiency improvements.
• Accurately report withheld, disputed or disallowed costs and assist with resolution of disputes.
• Monitor insurance claims including collation of cost information in relation to claims.
• Assist with subcontract preparation, measurement of interim & final accounts & support the VM in relation to disputed subcontract accounts & claims.
• Monitor & expedite payments from the client
• Ensure contract files and records are maintained and keep up to date.
• Assist in preparation of cash forecasts.
• Ensure final accounts are prepared timely and accurately.
• Ensure financial information for audits is collated and cost assurance processes are followed.
• Ensure actual costs are collated in accordance with the respective WBS and all cost base requirements are captured.
• Keep the Programme Area Commercial Manager/Quantity Surveyors and relevant Project Managers informed of all relevant commercial issues including contract correspondence, preparing responses where appropriate
• Assist the programme area estimator in pricing additional and varied works including solution cost analysis and transfer of data to CCMS and home organisation commercial plans.
• Embrace the use of CCMS within the Alliance for integrated project cost management and purchase to pay, and assist the project teams in operating CCMS correctly and effectively for both project cost management and purchase to pay.
• In possession of, or working towards a qualification in a field related to the post such as QS Diploma or experience working in a similar role
• Proficient in general IT applications such as MS Office, with particular emphasis on the management and manipulation of spreadsheets in Excel
• High degree of commercial awareness
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)