|Job Ref:||10539BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Flexible||Address:||Post Date:||24/10/2016 04:04|
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with several Senior Quantity Surveyors for our SMB (Thames Water) joint venture. These positions will be based out of our Maple Lodge or Beckton offices. You will be providing commercial support for a project, working closely with the operational teams with support to Commercial Management. |
SMB, the joint venture between Skanska, MWH Global and Balfour Beatty, has been selected to deliver one of the largest and most varied water infrastructure improvement programmes in the UK. It will be providing design-and-build solutions for the development and delivery of Thames Water's £2billion to £3billion AMP6 investment programme in a 'super alliance' of industry-leading organisations.
You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and duties/responsibilities of the role will include.
• Understand the contractual requirements of project documents including the roles and responsibilities of all involved and the notices required to record change etc. Coordinate any responses required with Commercial Manager.
• Liaise with the client, client representatives and other 3rd parties on commercial issues, including the agreement of additional monies.
• Cost management for project/section of works
- Understand allowances for elements of work (preliminaries, materials, subcontract etc.)
- Understanding of cost to end of reporting period and comparison with allowance
- Understand forecast cost to completion
• Value management for project/section of works
- Prepare interim and final accounts
- Understanding of true value to end of reporting period and comparison with actual cost expended
- Understanding of forecast final value at completion
• Change management for project/section of works
- Recording of change and allocation of responsibility
- Evaluation and recovery of any change that is not our risk/liability including recovery from 3rd parties
• Risk and opportunity management for project/section of works
- Management (with operations team) of known and newly identified risks and opportunities for best project return
- Identification and implementation of mitigation measures
• Procurement for project/section of works
- Ensure all involved in procurement for project understand allowances for items they are responsible for and the procedures to be followed
- Maintain procurement schedules
- Prepare subcontract documentation, issue enquiries, and negotiate agreements including interim and final accounts
• Financial reporting for project/section of works
- Prepare and issue monthly cost/value reconciliations and cost/forecast reconciliations
- Prepare cash forecast
- Prepare quarterly forecasts
• Support Commercial Manager for project
• Provide training and support for junior commercial staff and operational staff who you are supporting
• Identification, preparation and negotiation of claims
• A comprehensive level of commercial experience preferably with a contracting organisation.
• BSc or HND in Quantity Surveying or other equivalent construction related subject
• Self motivated and confident
• Financially astute
• Good communication skills
• A good decision maker who copes well under pressure
• Relevant CSCS Card
• Preferably qualified to ICES or RICS accreditation
We are and equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)