The Riyadh Metro project is a consortium led by Bechtel which includes Almabani General Contractors, Consolidated Contractors Company and Siemens. |
The consortium will be responsible for the design, construction, train cars, signalling, electrification and integration of Lines 1 and 2 of the new Riyadh Metro system.
Line 1 will stretch from north to south across Riyadh, covering 24 miles (38km). It will include 22 stations and four transfer stations where it will connect with other new metro lines. Much of Line 1 will be underground.
In contrast, Line 2 will be built mostly on a raised strip in the median of the planned freeway. This line will run east to west and will extend more than 15.7 miles (25km) with 13 stations and three transfer stations.
The new lines will feature stations powered by renewable energy and fully automatic trains.
The contract is the largest engineering, procurement, and construction (EPC) contract in Bechtel's history and these lines, along with four others, will form the backbone of Riyadh's new public transportation network.
Bechtel have a role for an experienced Engineering Manager to join the Riyadh Metro Project. You will already have proven experience and the necessary engineering management requirements to operate in this position. As well as the below requirements you manage the integration across multiple design centers and / or controlling a number of sub-contractors. You will have worked on mega projects in a design and execution capacity ideally from a global company with middle east experience.
Job Description (Accountability):
- Mechanical Engineering Manager for design of tunnel ventilation systems.
- Must have the ability to use and interpret NFPA 502 requirements for design of ventilation systems using longitudinal jet fans including fan sizing and selection.
- Responsible for the review of Design Consultants and Sub-Contractors design and drawing submission packages in terms of technical compliance of mechanical tunnel ventilation elements including ensuring that the submitted design takes into account safety during construction.
Scope includes: -
- All permanent MEP and Building Services including interface with all disciplines including rail systems, with a specific focus on mechanical tunnel ventilation.
- Ensure that the Design produced by the Design Consultants meet all relevant Codes and Standards.
- Supply Design Consultants with interface and supporting information to complete their design work.
- Monitor progress of Design Consultants and Contractors deliverables packages including design calculations, drawings etc.
- Ensure that the Design Consultant undertakes the review and acceptance of Contractor shop drawings and materials submittals.
- Liaise with other related disciplines and co-ordinate work with them.
- Prepare design schedules and assist in preparation of design budgets.
- Review design work or studies being carried out by others.
- Assist in managing consents and approvals.
- Monitor and report progress.
- Provide support to the Construction Department and Field Engineering to resolve Contractor Technical Queries and resultant field changes.
Job Duty (Key Skills):
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the planning, design and construction of the following systems:
- HVAC (Space cooling and tunnel ventilation) systems;
- Plumbing (Cold & hot water services) systems;
- Drainage (Waste-water, Soil & vent, Storm-Water) systems;
- Fire protection & fighting system;
- And associated BMS & electrical services integration requirements.
- Middle Eastern experience preferred.
- Conversant with the practices and procedures of International Design Codes and Standards.
- Good working knowledge of LEED.
- Practical knowledge of computer applications for the analysis of MEP systems.
- Experience of using Autodesk Revit software.
- Experience of Building Information Modeling (BIM).
- General knowledge of MicroStation, V 8i CAD applications.
- College graduate with relevant Engineering degree and recognized corporate membership of a professional institution.
- Hands-on knowledge of computer programs including numerical modeling programs and techniques.
- Written and oral English.
- Detailed knowledge of project engineering procedures.
- Preparation of Technical Reports & Scope of Works documents.