Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
The Community Liaison supports community relations and stakeholder engagement activities within the Contractor's Scope of Work on the project. He or she provides community relations support and counsel to Site Management, along with client In-Country Management, as directed by the In-Country Communications Coordinator.
- Provides support and reports directly to In-Country Communications Coordinator
- Maintains working and active relationship with Site Management in coordinating and implementing project community relations and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Maintains working and active relationship with the client community relations liaison coordinating and delivering communications plans and miscellaneous materials.
- Maintains working relationship with OG&C Communications and Sustainability functions
- Execute community relations and stakeholder engagement activities that fall within CONTRACTOR's scope of work, along with supporting client in executing their own community engagement strategy;
- Manage grievance management process for community complaints relating to CONTRACTOR's scope of work on the project. This includes interfacing with various project departments (e.g. project management, security, ES&H, traffic and logistics, the subcontractors, legal and risk management, etc.) to address public grievances relating to the scope performed by CONTRACTOR;
- Assists with preparation of project's community announcements and notifications in collaboration with the In-Country Communications Coordinator and client in order to provide accurate and timely information and feedback to impacted communities.
- Implements project's community outreach and stewardship programs in Egypt, aligned with Bechtel's Stewardship Program and coordinated with the client.
- Supports In-Country Communications Coordinator to promote public understanding and support for the project.
- Supports In-Country Communications Coordinator to implement the in-country communications (internal and external) strategy for the project. This includes preparation and approval of information, materials, articles, videos and photographs about the project to the public, and arranges project media availability in collaboration with the client.
This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
- Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism or a related field.
- Understanding of social media, digital communications, and emerging communications technologies
- Proven ability to develop and execute story ideas
- Good writing and editing skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong relationships without relying on authority or mandate
- Flexibility; ability to work effectively both independently and within a team; ability to deliver projects on short deadlines
- Good judgment; heightened sense of personal and corporate ethics
- Fluent in Arabic and English
- Competent user of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience working in community relations and/or communications in Alexandria, Idku and/or Rashid a plus.
- Experience in video production a plus.
- Construction industry experience a plus.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.