|Job Ref:||8681||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Rhode Island||City:||North Kingstown||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
The duties of the Crane Maintenance and Certification Program Lead encompass all aspects of the Crane Maintenance & Certification Program and ensuring the alignment with the NAVY Crane Center Program Instruction. The candidate will be responsible for the program organization, scheduling, repair direction, reporting, and customer interface at the Quonset Point Facility. |
This position requires regular interface with customers to coordinate crane maintenance, certification schedules, and develop specifications for new crane procurement and installations. The successful candidate will able to demonstrate a firm understanding of the program requirements and proven customer relations skills.
• Applicant must capable of effectively demonstrating proven program oversight and implementation.
• Applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks concurrently of varying degree of difficulty across multiple projects.
• Applicant must have a proven record of project development and execution.
• Applicant must be customer focused.
• Applicant must be capable of effectively communicating details associated with QP buildings, infrastructure, and equipment to both senior management and customers.
• Applicant must be familiar with as many of the following as possible:
• Building systems: mechanical, structure, and electrical.
• Industrial Gas systems including compressed air and various weld gases.
• Welding and gouging equipment.
• Mobile and overhead cranes.
• Rolling stock including man lifts, heavy material transporters, fork lifts, etc.
• Applicant must be capable of ensuring compliance to OSHA and CMAA
• Applicant must be capable of reviewing, understanding, and developing crane specifications
• Applicant must apply for a security clearance as a condition of employment.
• Applicant must be available to work overtime including emergent situations, extended hours and weekends, and severe weather, when required.