About WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff|
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA
We have an urgent need for a Construction Project Engineer to join our Construction Services Group in Baltimore, MD. This person will a ct as a Resident Inspector/Project Manager on complex construction projects.
• Assigns, reviews and gives work direction to subordinates on construction projects
• Maintains daily contact with client representatives or contractor's representatives to discuss project activities
• Makes recommendations to project managers/engineers regarding potential changes to contract requirements needed
• Monitors project activities to ensure adherence to contract requirements
• Directs and assigns tasks to subordinates.
• Evaluates performance of a team of inspectors.
• Inspects the work of contractors on highway, street, bridge, water and waste water systems facilities or other construction projects to insure compliance with specification, standards and codes.
• Meets with contractors, officials and others to resolve problems in the field.
• With others, approves deviations from specifications.
• Completes reports and maintains a daily inspection log.
• Performs related work as required.
• Completes routine forms and reports and maintain a daily inspection log.
• Performs routine field tests on construction materials.
• Investigates complaints from the general public concerning construction projects.
• Independently plans, coordinates, inspects and/or oversees day-to day project inspection activities to ensure contractor compliance through review, interpretation and enforcement of plans, contract documents, specifications and standards. Ensures proper documentation and payment of all contract work.
• Reviews and maintains all pertinent project documentation and ensures that it accurately details construction progress, activities and materials, meets environmental permitting conditions, comply with safety policies and programs, and monitors EEO and DBE progress and performance.
• Prepares, reviews and submit inspector daily reports and change orders. Notifies contractor of non-compliance and corrective action.
• Interacts with the general public, government agencies, contractors, sub-contractors, and other internal and external parties to respond to inquiries and resolve field issues.
• Recognizes technical problems and applies standard techniques and procedures to resolve them.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Work is performed in the field 90% of the time and may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 50 lbs) may be required as needed.
Position requires unrestricted mobility, including, at times, unrestricted mobility in irregular terrain, and the ability to stand for long periods of time. Work is performed within a general office environment 10% of the time.
• Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a related field
• Five (5) years of directly-related experience, including work as a construction field inspector (SHA experience preferred) on highway, street, and bridge projects
• Knowledge of construction methods and procedures; concrete mixing and pouring; construction codes and specifications.
• Valid Driver's License is required.
The ability to work in the United States immediately is required. IMMEDIATE LOCAL AVAILABILITY REQUIRED!
• Mid-Atlantic Region Technician Certification Program (MARTCP)
• Soils & Aggregate Compaction Technician
• Concrete Field Technician
• HMA Field Technician\Maryland Department of the Environment's Green Card
• State Highway Admin Erosion & Sediment Control Cert (Yellow Card)
Those who have held the relevant certifications in the past (even if they are expired) can still be considered for the position.
EOE / Veteran/ Disability/ Gender (M-F)/Gender Identity/ Sexual Orientation