|Job Ref:||135098BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northumberland||City:||Newcastle||Address:|| |
Newcastle upon Tyne, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, UK (Show on map)
|Post Code:||NE2||Post Date:||30/09/2016 12:07|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
We are looking to recruit a Regional or Associate Director to our Transport Planning team within our Strategic Planning and Advisory business line in our Newcastle office. This role will support our existing team in expanding to meet the demands of our wide portfolio of clients, offering the potential for significant career progression. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join and lead an accomplished team, working on a range of ground breaking and innovative projects at the forefront of Transport Planning.
Our team in AECOM plan and evaluate future transport schemes, forecast demand and revenue, undertake economic appraisal, develop business cases as well as determine the relationships between spatial planning and transport. We also undertake transport modelling spanning national, regional and local as well as detailed micro-simulation.
Our current UK public sector clients include the Department of Transport, Transport for London, Highways England as well as a host of local authorities and London boroughs within England. We also have an expanding project portfolio in Europe and Middle East. In the North East of England we work with the majority of the local authorities, the combined authority and the Local Enterprise Partnership.
Role & Responsibilities
To excel in this role, you will ideally come from an analytical background, such as mathematics, economics, geography, or engineering and will have gained an extensive level of experience in the strategic transport modelling sector. We value individuals with a combination of analytical and communication skills, and a creative and enthusiastic approach to problem solving. We are seeking an individual with a proven track record in leading the delivery of strategic modelling projects and good knowledge of wider transport planning issues.
Typical responsibilities/ skills will include the following:
• Provide high level technical input into project work.
• Develop staff and assist in training and mentoring with a particular focus on assisting staff gain professional accreditation
• You will act as the Project Director/Manager as necessary, with a responsibility for delivering projects within timescale, budget constraints and quality expectations. You will also:
o Ensure that the project risk management procedures are applied to all projects.
o Have current project plans for live projects and proposals
o Be forward thinking, anticipating risks (commercial and technical) effectively overseeing this process
o Undertake Health & Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the project team.
o Set up and manage projects on the AECOM project management and finance system.
o Ensure timely and correct issuing of invoices.
o Ensure understanding of the environmental impacts relating to projects
• Business development capabilities - Identify and respond to opportunities, prepare fee proposals for tender invitations.
• Assist in the development and implementation of business strategies.
• Prepare monthly workload and fee forecasts for the group.
• You will authorise weekly timesheets and monitor financial performance of projects and staff.
• Support the fee earning workload of the team.
• A high level of experience and technical expertise in highway modelling and appraisal in line with WebTAG guidance
• Some experience of public transport modelling would be an advantage as would experience of transport demand modelling.
• Excellent technical and communication skills
• A successful track record in the management and delivery of a portfolio of transport planning projects including an ability to effectively manage project commercial risks
• Experience in the management and development of teams
• Professional Accreditation such as TPP, CIHT or MICE would be an advantage.
• A good industry profile with the gravitas to represent AECOM with major clients
• Proven ability to prepare technical methodologies within successful proposals for strategic modelling and appraisal projects
Just an example of some of the core benefits offered by AECOM to our employees: 25 days annual leave bank holidays, company pension scheme, private medical cover, income protection scheme and one paid annual membership fee for an appropriate institution. Our flexible benefits scheme also offers a wide range of benefits enabling you to pick and choose what best suits you.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.