|Job Ref:||8765||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Country:||United States||County/State:||Connecticut||City:||Groton||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
Eletric Boat is seeking experienced firefighters to serve as members of the oganization's fire department. Candidates must be trained in FFI, EMT-B, HAZ-MAT Ops, Confined Space, and have at least a 2Q Driver's License. Candidates must be able to pergorm the following:|
• Safely respond to any type of emergency and operate in stressful situations while protecting life and property
• Perform daily duties such as: lifting and weighing fire extinguishers, vehicle checks, filling fire extinguishers, maintenance of the Fire House, climbing ladders, able to work outside and inside. Candidates cannot be claustrophobic or have a fear of heights.
• Fill out reports, clearly communicate with others, follow orders, and follow all safety,NFPA and RadCon guidelines
• Operate the pump on a fire engine
• Work overtime, weekends, and holidays and attend all required training
• Use computer systems at the Fire House (general PC computer skills)