|Job Ref:||SHC-LE-16-18931||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Michigan||City:||Detroit||Address:||Post Date:||21/10/2016 05:14|
- Utilize techniques used in estimating Direct Labor|
• Generally use learning curves and their applications as related to manufacturing
• Assist with coordination of multi-location Direct Labor Standard hours and Actual hours
• Assist utilization of basic elements of business systems and the development of operating budget, performance monitioring and corrective action planning
• Participate in the proposal development and formulation of strategies to sell PD&S positions to internal management and successful contract negotiations
• Develop and monitor all controls to include schedules and cost projections to ensure the timely and cost effective use of resources
Must have a high degree of oral and written communications skills and ability interface with multiple levels of management
• BS Industrial Engineering Required
• Minimum of 2 years of experience required
• Familiar in Performance Measurement disciplines
• Experience with Cost Estimating required
• Must have ability to freely move and feel comfortable in a manufacturing plant
• High degree of P/C skills required to include Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Word. Also able to perform data querries and data warehousing
General Dynamics Land Systems (GDLS), headquartered in Sterling Heights, Michigan is a wholly-owned business unit of General Dynamics Corporation's (NYSE:GD) Combat Systems group and is a global leader in the design, development, production, support and enhancement of tracked and wheeled military vehicles. GDLS has a 70-year defense heritage of providing a full spectrum of high quality, technically superior, high value products and services to the United States and its Allies and demonstrates the leadership, financial resources, technology and strength of more than 7500 employees who are dedicated to making the Company the World's preferred supplier of land vehicles and weapons systems. This dedication assures every shareholder, customer and the nation that the name General Dynamics will always mean Strength on Your Side.
At the heart of Land Systems' military-vehicle platforms is the Abrams main battle tank and the family of Stryker and LAV wheeled combat vehicles. These key ground-force assets remain critical to the military's structure and offer continuing opportunities for modernization and enhancements that meet the Warfighter's evolving requirements while increasing troop safety and effectiveness.
Detroit area locations house engineering, design and development, customer service and support, systems integration laboratories, and staff support functions. The Sterling Logistics and Engineering Center provides training and logistics support to customers around the world.
General Dynamics Land Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer.