|Job Ref:||R0009594||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glasgow||Address:||Post Code:||G3||Post Date:||02/10/2016 22:01|
Systems Engineering Manager|
THALES teams deliver cutting-edge solutions to armed forces the world over. We are Europe’s number one supplier of defence electronics and a leading provider of integrated air defence systems. But our people don’t just work with incredibly advanced technology. The armoured vehicles we build can resist the full force of improvised explosive devices, while our avionics solutions control some of the world’s most iconic military aircraft. Together, our people make the world safer.
THALES’ Land and Air Systems division develops the complete airspace security solution for civil and military customers as well as addressing the needs of land forces involved in conventional and asymmetric operations. Our services include air traffic management, surface radar and military air operations, as well as advanced weapon systems, missile electronics, optronics, armaments and protected vehicles, across the UK and internationally.
Thales Glasgow designs a range of state-of-the-art Optronics solutions for the some of the most technically advanced defence and security platforms for land, sea and air.
We’re seeking talented Engineering Managers, who can apply their knowledge and skills in an innovative technical management role within international multidisciplinary projects. We have built up a team passionate about developing products for a safer world and we’re now looking for like-minded, managers to join us.
You will be responsible for ensuring engineering activity is managed through the lifecycle of the project from detailed requirement generation, development, integration and customer validation.
This is a full time, permanent position, based in Glasgow with frequent travel across THALES UK sites.
• Lead and coordinate high performance multi-discipline engineering teams through the full engineering design lifecycle.
• Plan and prioritise engineering activities and resources in order to get projects to completion; meeting quality schedule and budgetary requirements.
• Develop the capability of engineers by coaching and sharing your knowledge in a continuous professional development environment.
• Manage risks and identify opportunities during the project lifecycle.
• Create an environment that encourages innovation and continuous improvement.
• Ensure that the project deliverables meets the customer's requirements and contract specification.
• Communicate effectively, professionally and in a timely manner with internal personnel, external customers, consultants and subcontractors.
Skill, qualifications and experience
• Must demonstrate good technical competence in one of the following
•Electrical and Electronic Engineering
•Control/Algorithm/Signal Image Processing Engineering
•Optical engineering or Related
•Embedded Software Engineering
• You will have experience managing multidisciplinary teams as well as internal and external stakeholders
• Demonstrate that you can energise a talented team to exceed the performance objectives through all aspects of the business.
• Highly customer focused with excellent communications skills
• Good presentation skills
• Ability to work in a fast moving environment with multiple parallel objectives
To play a key role in a worldwide organisation, click the apply button now.