|Job Ref:||TWMA-UKDY01084075||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Derby||Address:||Post Code:||DE1||Post Date:||22/10/2016 22:06|
We are Bombardier |
Get on board; we can drive you further in your career!
Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. We design, build and service some of the most intelligent and beautiful rail solutions in the world, our products are safe, healthy for people and help preserve the world's natural environment.
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Configuration Management & Documentation Technique WMA
Location: Derby or Crespin
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The role is responsible for ensuring that accurate, accessible technical records are maintained and for making relevant documentation available to internal and external stakeholders in a timely manner.
As a member of the Configuration and Bill of Materials team within SER & UK Engineering, the primary purpose of this role is to actively implement and maintain excellent Configuration Management practice across all projects by planning, integrating, developing, driving and monitoring the application of the BT Configuration Management process in Engineering and verifies that BT CM Principles are rigorously respected in Engineering according to GRP-016007. The core focus is on the creation and maintenance of high quality technical information in the Bombardier Product Data Management (PDM) system, fit for use by downstream functions in other CM tools (SAP, Maximo, etc).
The holder will also assist in other Configuration team duties as needed, including monitoring the flow of data from PDM to SAP, and creation of spare part numbers.
• Supporting the development of Configuration Management strategy, and promoting its implementation by identifying and executing CM improvement projects.
• Developing data quality criteria and ensuring that data submitted for approval meets those criteria (DoT review).
• Ownership of standard parts usage in SER & UK projects - managing standard part drawings, defining project-specific standard parts lists and contributing to the content of EBoK's through applying specialist knowledge in collaboration with the Centre for Standardisation.
• Creation, management and correct usage of Extended Data.
• Ensuring that supplier data is correctly and fully entered into PDM.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
• University Degree or equivalent in any of Mechanical Engineering/Project Management/Business Management,
• Certifications: CMII B (desirable)
• Expert knowledge in principles of Business Process Management
• Expert knowledge in concepts of Project Management
• Experience of establishing and managing teams in a large, global function within a matrix organisation
• Culturally aware
• Experience of drawing office administration, documentation control
• Computer literate, numerate, systematic and flexible
• Project management/change management experience desirable
• Certified internal auditor of documentation systems such as Quality Management Systems is desirable.
• Knowledge in the practices of Configuration and Change Management in BT desirable.
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiative.
You are encouraged to ask questions and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
We are helping create a better world.
ECO4 - the formula for energy-saving performance.
By making a difference today, we are helping create a better world for future generations. Having pioneered the philosophy of "The Climate is Right for Trains", we demonstrate this rationale by offering vehicles with practically zero emissions that are almost fully recyclable energy.
Bombardier Transportation is an Equal Opportunity Employer Dedicated to Affirmative Action and Workforce Diversity.