|Job Ref:||80771BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Glenrothes||Address:||Post Date:||22/10/2016 04:05|
Job Title: Principal Engineer - Design and Applications Technologist
An exciting and unique opportunity has arisen within our world leading silicon carbide business for a Principal Engineer - Design and Applications Technologis t.
This will be a lead engineering role and the key responsibilities will be to further develop our silicon carbide Integrated Circuit technology for use in harsh environments.
It will also require solving complex technical & material problems on new and existing products, interfacing with universities, industry experts and customers.
This is a great opportunity for someone to really make their mark on a broad and varied range of product and process developments.
Above all, this is the ideal role for a self-starting technical lead who wants to work on exciting projects, technology development and exploitation and have a desire to make a difference. The role will require extensive experience in ASIC design and III-V materials . A knowledge of Wafer fab and wafer foundry practices would be an advantage. Good customer interfacing and market knowledge is key.
Education and Experience:
Phd, degree or equivalent in Electronic Engineering ,Semiconductor Physics or Physical Science subject with significant Semiconductor experience.
• The development & improvement of our high temperature and harsh environment silicon carbide CMOS technology.
• Solving complex technical & material problems on new and existing silicon carbide processes.
• Develop and characterization of new processes for silicon carbide based products.
• Creation and maintenance of new process design kit.
• Interface and management of external design agencies.
• Perform as a key technical lead for the introduction of new silicon carbide product developments.
• Assist internal sales team to generate new business applications.
• Provide technical guidance to customers.
• Accurately capture customer requirements and progress reporting via both regular conference calls & reports.
• Provide technical guidance for the process & device engineering teams.
• Evaluate new materials and production equipment required to develop & improve our new silicon carbide processes and products.
• Accurately document processing details in both engineering and operator specifications.
• Write technical papers & present at technical conferences.
• Skilled in solving complex technical problems.
• Knowledgeable regarding Semiconductor design process, from modeling to product qualification .
• Requires a end to end knowledge of semiconductor processing technology.
• Able to use a robust scientific approach & make data driven decisions.
• Requires previous semiconductor experience in developing processes.
• Able to interface with design, device & process engineering.
• Requires a good level of commercial awareness.
• Self- motivating and able to use initiative.
• Able to lead and work well in teams.
• Must be able to communicate well with both technical and production personnel.
• Experience in technical leadership.
• Managed research and industry expert partnerships.
• Excellent problem solver.
• Self- motivated and able to use initiative.
• Confident under pressure.
• Takes responsibility.
• Meets commitments.
• Ability to communicate well with both technical and non technical personnel and within the customer community.
• Proven Experience in semiconductor Products development including some of the following:-
o Skilled in solving complex technical problems.
o Thorough end to end knowledge of processes and product technology. SiC knowledge would be an advantage.
o Ability to use a robust scientific approach & make data driven decisions.
• Ability to interface with design development, process engineering and other key stakeholders.
• Good level of commercial awareness.
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high-technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cybersecurity solutions. With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries. Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join. Activities range from on-line learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Glenrothes