As one of the world's leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies, GHD has a connected global network of 8500 professionals committed to delivering projects with innovative practices, technical capabilities and robust systems. |
As a result of strong growth within our business, an opportunity has arisen for a Principal Dams & Tailings Engineer to join our high performing Dams & Tailings team, which services water, industrial, energy and resources clients in Western Australia and elsewhere. The successful applicant will be a degree qualified civil or geotechnical engineer with a minimum of 10 years' of relevant experience. Professional Chartership will be considered an advantage. Female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
In order to be successful in this role you will demonstrate capability in the following areas:
- Maintaining key client relationships and actively participating in client relationship management activities;
- Securing project opportunities for the team through business development activities including developing proposals, reports and technical analysis;
- Provide technical leadership on dams and tailings engineering projects;
- Delivering successful project outcomes by ensuring on time and on budget design; and
- Mentoring and developing of team members.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a large, well established organisation with a culture that promotes safety, teamwork, integrity and respect. As a valued member of the business, you will have the opportunity to work with industry leaders and to develop your career through the GHD Business School.
- Strong technical capability across dams and tailings engineering, including all project phases from planning and approvals to operation and closure;
- Extensive experience of detail design and execution phases;
- Strong knowledge of relevant Australian standards, industry guidelines and current industry practices;
- Established industry profile through participation in professional associations;
- Ability to manage and coordinate interfaces with other disciplines (e.g. environmental, hydrological, mechanical, civil, structural, I&C);
- Demonstrated application of Safety in Design principles;
- Ability to influence others, good negotiating skills;
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong leadership and team development skills, cooperative with team members with sharing of information and knowledge;
- Commercially minded; and
- Strong alignment with GHD's values of safety, teamwork, respect and integrity.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your covering letter and resume via the link below.
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position.