Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We deliver creative solutions for building projects for industry, government, commercial and leisure sectors. Our building engineering specialists have expertise in structural and building services engineering, fire engineering, acoustics, facades and seismic design. We embed sustainability principles in every design.
AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Electrical Project Manager for immediate employment in the Arlington, VA office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervises the work of the electrical team and in some cases support disciplines
- Some assignments will have the individual responsible for overseeing and coordinating all technical aspects of small to mid-size projects
- Monitors and controls project budgets, scopes and schedules on assigned projects
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all technical aspects of mid-size to large projects
- Manages predominately electrical project(s) with up to $100K contract value and $50K - $250K annual gross revenue, including planning, directing and supervising all aspects of the project financial results, client satisfaction, safety and quality
- Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected
- Independently evaluates, selects and applies standard electrical engineering techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications
- Independently performs all the tasks necessary to complete primary design elements for engineering works
- Determines and develops approaches to solutions to a wide range of difficult technical problems
- Gathers and correlates electrical engineering data associated with assigned projects using established and well-defined procedures
- Exercises judgment in developing details of work, in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives
- Reviews the proposed solutions with the responsible engineer and agrees on a path forward
- Performance at this level requires experience in a responsible professional position
- Receives instructions on specific assignment objectives, complex features, and possible solutions
- Assistance is provided on unusual problems and work is reviewed for application of sound professional judgment
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 13 years of experience, 3 years of which included overseeing and coordinating all technical aspects of small to mid-size projects
- 2 years of experience managing project(s) with up to $100K contract value and $50K - $250K annual gross revenue, including planning, directing and supervising all aspects of the project financial results, client satisfaction, safety and quality
- 5 years of task and project management experience
- 5 years of experience with BIM on complex projects
- Broad general knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems for typical buildings and large campus facilities
- Registered Professional Engineer with the ability to apply for reciprocity in multiple states
- Understanding of electrical power systems for commercial, government, Department of State, and/or institutional facilities - Understanding of electrical system load and short circuit analysis
- Understanding of lighting and lighting control systems for commercial, government and institutional facilities
- Familiarity with lighting calculations, occupancy control, and application of state of the art materials to projects
- Familiarity with the National Electric Code
- Displayed ability to execute complete, accurate and coordinated project design assignments on time and within budget - Understand overall project constraints including design budget limitations and schedule requirements
- Interact and communicate effectively with other team members and disciplines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of REVIT and AutoCAD, including a minimum of one significant assignment on a project using REVIT
- Proficient with MS office suite of products including Work, Excel, Power Point and MS Project
- US Citizenship
- Direct experience with health care and/or life sciences projects
- Direct experience with large power systems modifications including the addition of protective relaying, diesel generation, medium voltage switchgear, medium voltage and low voltage substations
- NECCS registration
- LEED certification
- PMP or other Project Management certification
- Security Clearance a plus
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.