Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Bechtel is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Field Engineer to be based at our job site near Alexandria. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Using EQMS, a Bechtel standard application, to track and report preventive maintenance activities on mechanical and electrical equipment
- Print preservation cards from EQMS and ensure that the responsible subcontractor superintendent receives the cards in a timely manner
- Ensure the subcontractors perform the required maintenance in a timely manner and report weekly the status of all preservation cards.
- Performing inspections and documentation of preservation related mechanical work
- Providing construction input into home office generated purchase orders for mechanical equipment.
- Working with procurement and equipment suppliers to ensure compliance with project drawings and specifications.
- Establishing and maintaining the requirements and tracking system for the execution of preventative maintenance programs.
- Familiarity with Teamworks,and EQMS
- Provide technical expertise for preservation issues.
- Coordinates subcontractor activities to ensure materials, equipment, and workmanship will comply with design plans and specifications.
- Plans and recommends procedures to be implemented by Superintendents to assure preservation operations are within requirements of specifications and vendor recommendations.
- Degree qualification in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- Demonstrated previous experience in MechanicalEngineering on a major capital project is essential.
- Strong experience in construction and technical inspection on Oil and Gas projects
- Previous experience with equipment preservation will be very highly regarded.
- Must be familiar with ASME code and other relevant industry codes and standards.
- Familiarity with Teamworks, EQMS, and Jovix a plus.
- Experience working with, supervising, and administering subcontractors.
This position is based in Alexandria and applicants must already possess the right to live and work in Egypt. This is a national contract position and the successful applicant will be employed by a third party company to provide services to Bechtel
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.