|Job Ref:||TRCS-SEST01082261||Employer:||Bombardier Inc.||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Sweden||City:||Stockholm||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:05|
Bombardier Transportation is the number one rail control solutions provider in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we participate in. Our product portfolio encompasses a full range of passenger rail vehicles, locomotives, bogies, propulsions and rail solutions for both metro and main line systems. |
At Bombardier, over 70,000 employees in 60 countries thrive to improve transportation mobility in communities all over the world. We provide our people with an environment that transforms ideas into real impact on our products and customer experience. Your idea is our fuel.
Our signalling system division, Rail Control Solutions (RCS), is a world leader in developing and implementing rail solutions and safety systems, and providing maintenance services to optimize the flow of trains.
If you are interested in joining our impactful and truly international organization, apply for our exciting Senior Technical Project Manager role in Stockholm or Hässleholm (Sweden).
As Technical Project Manager, you will be responsible for resource planning, schedules, technical decisions, cooperation with the project manager, customer interface and investigation of technical issues. You will be responsible for internal communication, organization, overall knowledge of the system and solution and critically involved in the bid phase.
• Make system and product design decisions based on input from Product Manager, Project Engineer and Project Team. You are responsible for the development scope within the project and act within the boundaries of the Project Plan with the full power to deliver the defined scope to the Project Manager on time and within the budget
• Carry the leadership of product development while overseeing development activities within the project
• Lead the Project Team members to successful completion of assigned tasks with the required quality within schedule and allocated budget
• Ensure sufficient financial, reporting governance, appropriate mitigation of all risks and capturing of opportunities
• Co-ordinate requirements capture between engineering and customers to ensure the full scope of technical and approval requirements
• Maintain project schedule and report progress to Project Manager and Management Team
• Ensure that the verification, validation, field tests and approval activities are planned and executed to meet customer, legal and Bombardier internal requirements
• Ensure that technical documentation is completed with high quality and formally released
• Interface to internal and external (end customers)
• A Bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline
• Minimum 10 years of engineering leadership experience in a similar field of work
• Experience of leading projects in a matrix-style organization
• Experience of working on high-reliability and safety products
• Possess an active commercial awareness and knowledge of our business functions and their interactions with the sub functions across disciplines
• Able to take personal responsibility for managing product introduction into the market from an engineering perspective
• Have an excellent understanding of technical and commercial constraints, and the ability to adapt plans and priorities to produce innovative solutions to operational challenges
• A driven and proactive individual with excellent time management skills
• Demonstrates a strong communication, diplomacy and leadership skills to influence others with professionalism
• Willing to travel internationally for short periods (up to one week per month on average)
• Must be fluent in English - both spoken and written
Why Work for Us?
Everywhere we operate, we reward effort and initiatives.
You are encouraged to ask questions, and empowered to make decisions.
As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to create a stimulating and open workplace which fosters teamwork, fairness, respect and diversity.
Do you recognize yourself in the description? If so, apply now online with your letter of motivation as well as your detailed CV in English.
Join us! Your ideas will move people.
For more information about our projects and products or if you want to 'meet' with our global recruiting team, please join our career groups on LinkedIn or visit our careers website: company website