|Job Ref:||WHI00087||Employer:||GHD Pty Ltd||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Whitby||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 05:02|
GHD is one of the world's leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation. |
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 8500 people delivers projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Committed to sustainable development, GHD improves the physical, natural and social environments of the many communities in which we operate
Our Water team is looking for an Intermediate Municipal Engineer with proven experience on infrastructure projects to be located in our Whitby office.
Reporting to Sr. Lead Engineer, this role includes the preparation of technical design documents, engineering drawings and contract documents for municipal infrastructure projects; as well as business development, Construction Contract Administration and Client contact and proposal preparation.
The successful candidate will have experience:
• Apply proven experience on municipal infrastructure projects to complete preliminary and detailed design of roadways, water distribution systems, storm and sanitary sewer collection systems and pumping stations / forcemains;
• Prepare engineering design calculations, design briefs and technical reports for municipal infrastructure projects, including support for Class EA assignments;
• Produce base plans from topographic and legal survey plans; prepare site and grading / drainage plans; design sketches, plan and profile and design drawings following municipal design standards for roadways, sewer, watermain, pumping stations / forcemains;
• Prepare technical reports and produce designs and detailed drawings of roadway, sewer and watermain, pumping stations / forcemains including details for construction;
• Co-ordinate drafting and design with assigned staff on the project team; and requirements with staff from other departments or offices, as required when working on joint projects;
• Prepare contract quantities and cost estimates
• Prepare construction specifications and assist with preparation of contract documents;
• Provide contract administration services and manage other staff such as survey and field inspections as required;
• Participate and support public and stakeholder consultation as required;
• Assist with training and development of more junior technical staff;
• Attend client meetings and prepare meeting minutes/notes as required;
• Business Development in the market area including implementing marketing plans and attracting new business/ lead and assist with preparation of proposals;
• Managing client relationships and maintaining regular client contact to solicit feedback on project performance, and taking appropriate actions to remedy perceived deficiencies
• Represent GHD in relevant professional organizations.
• Monitor project delivery against established budgets, schedules and quality and provide support and guidance to design personnel as required.
• Manage projects, administer contracts and control budgets.
• Implement corporate safety policies & programs.
• Other duties as assigned
Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
• Engineering degree in Civil, Municipal, W/WW from an accredited university;
• 5 - 10 years of direct water and wastewater infrastructure experience
• Professional Engineer designation or eligible
• Proficient in MS Office suite and appropriate technical design software
• Flexible and detail oriented
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to take direction from several different Project Managers and balance priorities
• Quality and Customer service driven.
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.