|Job Ref:||017439||Employer:||Hitachi||Address:||Post Date:||11/10/2016 00:01|
EMEA Data Protection Business Development Manager EMEA EMEA locations |
Excellent package comprising basic, bonus, car allowance and benefits
The Data Protection Business Development Manager will sit as part of the Strategic Solutions Group and will lead sales of the Data Protection Portfolio in the EMEA region.
The overall role of the Strategic Solutions Group is to promote business defined, "outcome" based solutions for HDS' customers and partners that are specifically targeted towards increasing sales of HDS Cloud, Converged, Object Store and Data Protection Solutions. The Content & Data Protection portfolio includes both HDS and Alliance partner solutions.
Reporting to the EMEA Business Leader for Data Governance, the successful candidate will look to increase HDS EMEA revenue and market share within the Content & Data Protection solutions space.
• Revenue Generation . Creating opportunities to drive the EMEA revenue number for the Content & Data Protection solutions portfolio and ultimately increase market share . Developing the EMEA proposition strategy and business plan and educating and enabling the region and country management in executing local plans.
• Subject Matter Expertise. Leveraging an established network of contacts and subject matter expertise of the customers' key business drivers, as well as a deep understanding of the eco-system of partners and competitors in the space. Understanding the specific business, application, operational or financial needs of organisations; leading to a strong growth or savings business justification.
• Evangelism, Sales Enablement and Ecosystem support . Enablement of country sales teams in cultivating the local go-to-market ecosystem (System Integrator, specialist resellers and consultancies, local ISV contacts). Leading and coaching them to build capability in leading new discussion areas with application owners, lines-of-business management, as well as IT infrastructure teams.
• Deal Support . Direct involvement in customer engagements where additional influence and expertise is required to gain traction on significant deals.
• Proposition Development . Close engagement with EMEA and Corporate product marketing teams to develop and validate business value-led propositions and sales and marketing content for Customers, prospects, channels and system integrators. Collaboration also extends to other Geographies (Americas, APAC) and of course, capitalising on best practices within EMEA field sales.
• Solution Readiness. Engagement with Global HQ regarding functional readiness for Content & Data Protection Solutions. Providing feedback from regional sales teams and customers where relevant to feed the future development of solutions.
• Represent EMEA requirements to Corporate HQ. (Product Management and Marketing, Business Development)
IDEAL CANDIDATE EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree, MBA. A degree in an engineering-related field (IT) highly valued.
• Demonstrable history of significant revenue generation results derived from direct, channel, alliance sales efforts.
• Strong communication skills at the C level and consultative selling ability developed either from a consulting position or sales position.
• Specialised knowledge and appreciation of the specific business needs of Enterprise organisations in the Content & Data Protection space and understanding of the competitive market environment in this solution arena.
• Able to relate customer needs to HDS and Partners solutions to demonstrate how we can offer a true end-to-end transformational solution to meet their business objectives and achieve desired outcomes.
• Comfortable operating in the Enterprise space and able to lead the customer conversation at the business level rather than a technology-led approach.
• Able to utilise expert knowledge in Content & Data Protection to lead the customer to the right solution for their business needs and challenging where appropriate.
• Successful track-record of over-achievement, familiar with managing demand creation activity, sales targets and accurate forecasting.
• Sound knowledge of Value Added Reseller Partners, Systems Integrators and service providers.
• Collaborative approach and a team player, able to motivate an extended virtual team to drive success.
• A history of industry event presentations within the enterprise IT solution space.
• Highly developed communication skills, both written and oral and comfortable presenting internally, to the customer and partners.
• A self-starter with a real desire to make a difference.
• 50% - 80% travel expected across EMEA