Overview: At NTT DATA, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees have been key factors in our company's growth and market presence. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA and for the people who work here.|
A group company within NTT DATA currently seeks a SharePoint DevOps Administrator / Engineer to join our team in Long Island City, NY.
Position Functions or Responsibilities:
- Review and Update Physical, Logical Architecture for SharePoint 2013 Collaboration features including Provider Hosted Apps and Office 365 Hybrid Search.
- Install SharePoint Provider Hosted and Auto-hosted apps in Development, QA and Production environments for both on premise SharePoint and SharePoint Online - understand provider hosted apps (using Windows Azure or on-premises Web App Server) and SharePoint auto hosted apps and how they can benefit and affect the entire site collection
- Creating and modifying Host-named SharePoint site collections with multiple sites, unique navigational elements, custom content types and site columns, site pages, web part pages, workflows, retention policies, and governance policies
- Identify, Debug and Fix issues with JQuery, REST code within SharePoint 2013 auto-hosted apps or ability to debug errors within provider hosted app .NET/JQuery code and escalate it to development team when necessary.
- Setup and maintain user profile properties for My Sites, synchronized with Active Directory.
- Setup and configure Excel, Visio and SQL Server Reporting Services Integrated Setup with SharePoint, Business Connectivity Services, Secure Store Service, App Management Services and any relevant services related to successful configuration of Provider hosted apps.
- Maintained and support on premise SharePoint as well as SharePoint online environments.
- Maintain Enterprise search service Application, including managed properties, crawled properties, Search Query rules, Result Sources, Result Types, Search Tuning and Maintenance
- Manage permissions and restrict and revoke access where necessary
- Setup and Deploy provider hosted apps (using Windows Azure or on-premises Web Server) and SharePoint auto hosted apps
- Research, analyze, design and develop solutions using SharePoint 2013 according to best practices, internal policies and governance
- Manage code deployment and Change Control process from Development to QC, thereafter to production environment
- Managing and checking the overall SharePoint server farm health and functionality
- Monitoring SharePoint disk space usage through the built-in SharePoint reports for each site collection
- Moving/copying sites using PowerShell
- Supporting network load balancing needs and ensuring its correct operation (NLB)
- Pro-active review of the events and messages reported in Event Viewer and Performance Monitor and clean-up, management and configuration of SharePoint accounts and sites. This portion of the role will work closely with an Active Directory administrator if they are separated.
- Regularly analyzing SharePoint content and storage, Monitoring SharePoint trends (e.g. site usage and growth, disk space usage and growth) and Checking for operating system, SQL Server and SharePoint patches and cumulative updates.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure
- Regularly Auditing SharePoint environment using PowerShell as well as Identify and report on governance violations, including setting up alerts and enforcing governance policies
Basic Qualifications: 8 + Years of SharePoint experience
This is a full-time salaried position with a group company within NTT DATA. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors will NOT be considered. This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA
NTT DATA is your Innovation Partner anywhere around the world. With business operations in more than 35 countries, we put emphasis on long-term commitment and combine global reach and local intimacy to provide premier professional services from consulting, system development, business process and IT outsourcing to cloud-based solutions.
Visit NA to learn how our consultants, projects, managed services, and outsourcing engagements deliver value for a range of businesses and government agencies.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Options: Apply for this job online Apply
Refer this job to a friend Refer
Share on your newsfeed