|Job Ref:||27145BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Toronto||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Responsible for coordination of the construction on the project. Coordinates compliance with the schedule, safety, cost, and quality decisions in conjunction with the Project Field Manager. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Manages and coordinates all on-site subcontractor activities for compliance with the CPM schedule and monitors and enforces compliance with subcontract requirements; Implements the Project Construction Execution Plan.
• Supervises and mentors all field staff; monitors their activities and provides leadership.
• Monitors and reports on construction productivity and schedule performance (including trends) to the Project Field Manager and Field Project Controls Manager. Takes actions necessary to meet project budget and schedule requirements.
• Directs the establishment and implementation of subcontractor schedule recovery plans as required.
• Coordinates the Construction Completion Walkdowns and the complete hand over of start-up packages to the Startup Manager and supervises the close out of all punch list items.
• Assists Project Field Manager with client interface and relations.
• Coordinates with Field Material Manager to review all site procured materials for acceptance.
• Reviews and approves equipment rentals (if supplied by company) and coordinates shared use of this equipment with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly coordination meeting with subcontractors.
• Conducts weekly subcontractor meetings.
• Reports weekly schedule and commodity installation status to the Field Project Controls Manager.
• Monitors all extra work authorization requests, backcharges, and supplier and subcontractor progress/final payment requests for acceptance and is responsible for subordinates providing the timely tracking information to Project Controls to support the change management system.
• Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with Division Policies, Standards, Guides, and Contractual commitments.
• Directly responsible for the Construction Equipment budget
• Monitors and approve all CIR replies to the subcontractors.
• Responsible for completion of the construction punchlist.
• Has full knowledge of the safety program
• Has general knowledge of all disciplines of construction and is able to stand in for each lead discipline.
• Resolves safety and quality issues with the safety and quality managers. Further disputes are then deferred to the Project Field Manager.
• Has the ability to stand in for the Project Field Manager in his absence.
• Understands the major commercial and deliverable terms of the construction subcontracts and manages within these terms.
• Monitors and controls overtime by his subordinates and subcontractors.
• Writes the construction portion of the client and construction monthly report.
• Coordinates with the Field Engineers or home office engineers on engineering deliverables
• Responsible for the effective management of construction Manufacturer's Service Technicians and the timesheet tracking.
• Identifies and assesses improvement opportunities which will add value. Champions continuous improvement efforts. Assesses and supports the change management effects associated with the implementation of improvements. Proactively supports, encourages and facilitates staff to engage in continuous improvement activities.
8+ years of Water/Wastewater experience in a Construction Management or Resident Engineering role
Preferred Job Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in construction, engineering or heavy industrial experience
PEng in Ontario
15+ years of experience in the water/wastewater industry
Expirience in Program management, Knowledge of construction technology (Water/Wastewater) Advanced Knowledge of EPC industry Advanced Constructability knowledge Advanced Knowledge of project budget process and tools.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females