Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||27152BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kansas||City:||Overland Park||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Black & Veatch, an employee-owned global designer and constructor of infrastructures for the power, oil & gas, water, telecommunications and government services industries, is seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer for our Power Business Line. |
In this dynamic leadership role, you will have the unique opportunity to guide and direct the engineering team for Services or EPC projects, while promoting a culture that is conducive to producing exemplary results.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• As Senior Mechanical Engineer, we will look to you to manage assigned budgets, along with schedule and quality requirements.
• Working across verticals, you will provide technical direction and oversight, develop recommendations for equipment/material selection and prepare and present project deliverables.
• As a technical specialist for the department, you will serve as a mentor for junior engineers and oversee performance management, professional development and corrective actions.
• You will also provide direction regarding design guidelines, standards, systems, engineering codes and company policies.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• Professional Engineer License.
• 11 years of work experience.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Strong Written Communications.
• Drive for Results.
• Decision Quality.
• Priority Setting.
• Directing Others.
• Conflict Management.
• Dealing with Ambiguity.
• Customer Focus.
• Building Effective Teams.
• Advanced knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to assigned engineering discipline.
Working at Black & Veatch:
Consistently ranked as the number one engineering contractor for the power industry, Black & Veatch blends the stability and traditions of a nearly century-old company with the vitality and innovation of a modern, progressive organization. Here, we treat you with respect and dignity, and recognize your achievements and hard work.
We empower you right from the start through our company-wide Fast Start program where you will be supported and equipped with the tools needed to have a successful and productive career at Black & Veatch.
By working on diverse global projects, you will have the opportunity to give back and build a World of Difference for the communities we serve.
Living in Overland Park, Kansas:
A suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, Overland Park is the second most populated city in the State of Kansas. NA ranked the city among the "10 Best Places in the Midwest" and NA named Overland Park as one of the "Best Places to Live" because of its nationally recognized schools, midrange home choices and abundance of white-collar jobs. Located less than 15 minutes from downtown Kansas City, Overland Park offers a multitude of attractions, including great shopping, restaurants, theatres and more than 80 public parks.
You'll enjoy living and working in a city that offers metropolitan amenities and suburban hospitality in a vibrant setting.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females