Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Transportation Business Line of AECOM is actively seeking a talented Civil Designer for immediate employment in the Panama City, Panama office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes and design criteria established by the project's discipline engineers
- Prepares drawings, computer designs, calculation of quantities, and topographical and relief maps used in civil engineering projects, such as highways, bridges, pipelines, flood control projects, and water and sewerage control systems
- Draws maps, diagrams and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures
- Drafts plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes
- Determines the order of work and method of presentation, such as orthographic or isometric drawing
- Reviews rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts
- May calculate excavation tonnage and prepare graphs and fill-hauling diagrams for use in earth-moving operations.
- Correlates, interprets and modifies data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs and geophysical prospecting reports
- Continually upgrades technical knowledge and capabilities and pursues additional training
- May supervise, train and mentor other designers, and coordinate work within discipline group and other discipline groups on the project
- Assembles documentation packages and produces drawing sets; and keeps proper files and records related to assigned design activities
- Explains drawings to production or construction teams and provides adjustments as necessary, checking throughout project to ensure quality
- Understands project scope and ensures designs are consistent with project technical requirements and scope, and works to specifications and discipline-associated instructions in accordance with established design practices, standards and procedures
- Reviews completed construction drawings and cost estimates for accuracy and conformity to standards and regulations
- Complies with IE's safety awareness program, office and/or field safety policies
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10 years of relevant experience
- Master's degree in related engineering discipline can substitute for 2 years of experience
- Experience in engineering design for Transportation/Infrastructure Projects
- Proficiency in engineering design software (Civil 3D, Navisworks, Revit, etc.)
- Communication proficiency
- Organization skills
- Results driven
- Technical capacity
- Time management skills
- Valid driver's license
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Experience in highways, ports, bridge design is highly recommended
- Registered Panamanian Civil Engineer
- Any master's degree in transportation design will be considered
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.