Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at NA.
About the Business Line
We provide professional services in areas such as aviation, transit, freight rail, highways and bridges, planning, and ports and marine. Our global network of top-tier specialists delivers comprehensive services over the full life cycle of a project to benefit clients in government and private industries.
The Engineering Department in LATAM is actively seeking a self-directed, proactive and talented Pre-Cast Field Inspector for immediate employment in the Panama City, Panama office. The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate an established career in Field Inspection associated to concrete, precast, earthworks, piling activities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising the construction of the Permanent Works to ensure that they are executed to the correct line and level, and that the Materials, Plant and workmanship comply with the specifications and other requirements of the Contract
- Checking the setting out of all parts of the Permanent Works, before construction, and the line and level, after construction
- Ensuring prompt responses when the Contractor has called for inspections and/or approvals
- Keeping and assisting in the keeping of full and separate records of all actual and potential claims situations and to ensuring that the CRE/RE fully informed; supervising additional Site investigations, if required
- Checking the adequacy of the Contractor's Temporary Works and the safety of the Contractor's working methods
- Observing the performance of monitoring records during the Defects Period of the Advanced Earthworks Contract
- Keeping a daily diary to record important events at the Site including progress, weather conditions, accidents and communications with the Contractor and assisting the CRE to maintain full and complete Site records
- Recording any accidents on the Site and any events which could have resulted in accidents
- Maintaining a record, on purpose-made drawings, the actual levels and nature of excavations and dredged profiles, the strata encountered during excavation and full details of any deviations from the working drawings
- Assisting in the preparation of as-built drawings (or checking those prepared by the Contractor, according to contractual requirements)
- Checking that all equipment under the control of the Resident Engineer, including survey equipment, is in good adjustment
- Attend Site meetings (when required to do so)
- High school diploma
- 5 years of experience working as a Pre-Cast Inspector
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and CAD software
- Ability to work with representatives from public and private entities and handle potentially sensitive situations
- Good active written and verbal communication with construction personnel and engineers
- Ability to effectively present ideas and concepts in written or presentation format
- Ability to and use consultative and facilitation skills to gain consensus
- Thorough understanding of inspection procedures, methods, principles and techniques of construction practices and building materials, technology and equipment construction practices, equipment and materials used in the execution of projects
- Thorough knowledge of and ability to apply extensive expertise to programs and/or administrative specialties including pertinent laws and regulations
- Ability to read, research and thoroughly understand plans, specifications and contract documents
- Valid Driver's License
- Qualified applicants who are offered a position must pass a pre-employment substance abuse test
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Certified local registered civil engineer (in Panama)
- ACI concrete inspector certification
- Good English language capabilities
- Work closely with construction manager
- Plans, implements and/or compiles sensitive field/ laboratory investigation and testing programs
- Develops and implements project quality control programs for field or laboratory
- Recognizes problems and anticipates future requirements
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow.
AECOM is an equal opportunity employer and Minorities, Females, Veterans, and Disabled persons are encouraged to apply. For further information, please click here to view the EEO Is The Law poster.