Requisition ID: |
RIYADH METRO PROJECT - STATIONS DEPUTY DELIVERY DIRECTOR - JOB DESCRIPTION
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Working with the delivery director of deep underground stations for managing, coordinating, and administering the successful execution of a 12 Metro Stations from planning, engineering, procurement stages , through to construction, start-up, performance testing, initial operations, and contractual close-out. Responsible for the maintaining of budgets and schedules, managing performance, reporting progress and initiating action to assure program/project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget and according to specifications. Providing leadership gaudiness for a number of high performing delivery teams.
The deputy delivery director has the responsibility for execution of 12 stations projects, ensuring that Program/Project is delivered within contract requirements, standards of quality and safety and to Client and BACS performance expectations.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for overseeing the safe and efficient delivery of 12 stations using subcontractors within the approved schedule.
- Responsible for managing a number of delivery teams. Defining and communicating roles, responsibilities and authorities to project team members to ensure project completion in a safe manner, within budget, on schedule, and in conformance with the appropriate standards, specifications and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring scope, design basis and objectives are defined, best practices/lessons learned reviewed, detailed work plans, schedules, budgets and procedures are established as required.
- Responsible for monitoring and controlling all contractual commitments to ensure that all work is being performed in accordance with the specifications, drawings and terms of the contract, ensuring that the project trend program is being implemented.
- Responsible for ensuring that the delivery team continue the development, communication, implementation, update and continual use of the Project Execution Plan.
- Responsible for managing the quality requirements and ensures the proper processes are identified and implemented to achieve contractual quality NA customer perception of quality on a
- Responsible for managing the full implementation of the Environmental, Safety & Health program for the 12 stations including contractor and subcontractor activities.
- Assists in the training of project personnel in key positions through both formal training courses and on-the-job NA a plan to provide training opportunities for project personnel..
Deputy delivery director - KEY REQUIREMENTS:
- Relevant successful experience in project management
- Commercial and financial understanding and knowledge
- Knowledge of industry, technology and EPC work processes, including knowledge of customs, culture and business practices in the Middle East.
- Knowledge and understanding of working arrangements with joint ventures, alliances and consortiums.
- Experience working for a contractor on a design & build lump sum jobs.
- Knowledge and experience in Engineering including:
- Project engineering processes and procedures
- Engineering work planning and control methods.
- Knowledge of related construction practices and the economics involved.
- Technical knowledge
- Knowledge and experience in baseline development and implementation including:
- Scope definition
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Estimates and resource loaded schedules
- Progress and performance curves and metrics
- Reports and action items tracking
- Cash flow management
- Knowledge and experience in contract management including:
- Change control and documentation management
- Cost trend program and its linkage to change control
- The hierarchy of requirements documents in case of conflict (RFP, Proposal, Contract, etc.)
- Joint Ventures, Alliances and Consortiums
- Knowledge and experience in construction including:
- Experience of EPC/Design BuildDirect Hire and Subcontracting Construction Management within the Transportation/ Infrastructure sector
- Relevant experience of metro rail engineering systems and equipment, and it's implementation
- Comprehensive understanding of relevant environmental, safety and health regulations and their implementation
- Experience of client and supplier relationship management
- Best Practices/Lessons Learned
- Risk Analysis/Contingency Evaluation
- Estimate/Proposal Review Process
- Knowledge of project insurance issues/options.
- Knowledge of cross functional work processes and interface knowledge, especially Project Controls, Supply Chain management, Quality management and the ability to manage the relationships/interfaces with management and functional groups.
- Oral, written and graphic communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to conduct effective meetings.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including highly effective written and verbal communication
- Ability to fluently communicate at all levels
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.