|Job Ref:||R0009753||Employer:||Thales Group||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:01|
Project Controls Manager |
Canary Wharf, London
The technology and systems expertise offered by Thales’s Transportation team powers safe, reliable and efficient services to rail networks the world over. In the UK, we deliver advanced signalling, supervision and control, integrated communications, security and information systems for urban rail, mainline rail and road networks. As we continue to grow our business, we need the best talent to join us and deliver world class solutions.
We are currently recruiting for a Project Controls Manager to work alongside Project Directors; coordinating Project Controls and planning through monitoring budgets, risk management, change management and reporting. The role involves management of a small PMO team.
This is an excellent, development opportunity for an ambitious individual and is a key position either working on our high profile 4LM project and portfolio or a worldclass capability opportunity.
This is a full time, permanent position based in our client’s Westferry offices, Canary Wharf.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Governance, deployment and reporting of Risk & Opportunity Management
- Independent assurance review and reporting process
- Manage a PMO team on the project comprising planners and Project support staff
- Lead on the assessment of risk and contingency in assurance reviews and activities
- Collect and monitor the use of ‘lessons learned’ as part of a continuous improvement culture
- Lead on the production of the monthly project reports
- Support the project contract review
- Ensure appropriate Project Governance
- Ensure all Project activities undertaken comply with the relevant Thales Chorus processes
Skills & Attributes
- Extensive experience in Project Controls, ideally within the rail industry
- Strong planning and delivery orientation
- Commercial / financial / business acumen
- Full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing capture plans and winning strategies
- Extensive client and stakeholder management
- Proven Leader within a matrix style organisation
- Customer-focused balanced with recognising the need for governance
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise
- A positive attitude combined with excellent interpersonal and motivational skills.
- An ability to embrace and encourage change.
- Experience of working across boundaries, including knowledge of commercial management, best practice supply chain and finance functions.
- In depth knowledge of a range of transportation solutions, including train control, communication and safety systems
- Prince/APM qualified
- Engineering degree/diploma
To play a key role in driving the success of a worldwide organisation click the apply button now.