Requisition ID: |
To ensure that the Riyadh (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) Metro Project is safely tested, commissioned and delivered into service in support of the overall Riyadh Metro Testing and Commissioning Plans in a safe, cost effective, timely manner.
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
Position Duties / Responsibilities
Help develop the overall RMP Testing and Commissioning strategy and plans, in conjunction with Consortium and JV partners.
- Manage a Commissioning team to both oversee and perform testing and commissioning for RMP
- Coordinate closely with the Transit Systems Testing and Commissioning Team Test Director
- Provide input to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure Facilities operability and operating personnel and Public Safety.
- Coordinate and manage the rail Testing and Commissioning activities with the CWJV and Consortium Members as well as Subcontractors to ensure an integrated approach to test & commissioning
- Provide guidance to the formation of MEP subcontracts with respect to testing expectations and documentations
- Coordinate and manage the Testing and Commissioning activities with the CWJV and Consortium Partners to ensure an integrated approach to the railway test & commissioning
- Providing oversite, guidance and quality checks for subcontractors performing testing and commissioning
- Responsible for the Test and Commissioning of the Stations, Depots and Park and Rides that are the responsibility of the CWJV to self-perform
- Monitoring the definition of technical assurance requirements (testing certification) and production of assurance deliverables by the Contractors; facilitating the acceptance of certification in a progressive manner
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned engineers, estimates staffing needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- Develops key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
- Performs performance reviews for personnel supervised and ensures they receive appropriate technical assistance and on-the-job training for their professional development.
Receives operational surveillance, administrative supervision and technical guidance from the Bechtel Test and Commissioning Manager.
Supervises and provides technical direction to subordinate engineers and assigned personnel.
Maintains good relationships with Client, office and project management personnel to ensure startup response to project needs. Represents startup on project teams as assigned.
Extensive technical knowledge of startup and operations.
Extensive knowledge of administrative practices including cost and scheduling.
Extensive knowledge of precedents in the startup and operations areas and a broad knowledge of principles and practices of related areas.
Broad knowledge of industry and regulatory standards and criteria pertinent to startup, maintenance, operations, or testing.
The above is normally acquired through:
- A recognized degree in an engineering or scientific discipline from an accredited college or university, or
- A professional license in an engineering discipline from a recognized licensing board, or
- Specialized courses in relevant general engineering, or an appropriate engineering discipline, or
- Broad, progressive work experience including senior supervisory experience in startup, operations, or other relevant experience in design engineering, construction, field engineering, or plant operation in power, industrial, rail or process facilities. Skill in oral and written communication.
Demonstrated skill in leadership.
Knowledge of Bechtel's administrative practices.
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- Substantialsupervisory/leadership experience
- Experience in railway systems preferred, but not required
- Experience in testing and commissioning of railway, preferred but nor required
- Good communication skills
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to qualify for a work Visa in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia