Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs startup activities within a discipline for the assigned project(s). Provides startup supervision or assistance at the jobsite of certain projects as assigned.
- Supervises, coordinates, and reviews the work of assigned engineers, estimates staffing needs and schedules, and assigns work to meet completion dates.
- Preparation of system testing and turnover documentation including scoped documents, test records, test procedures and other similar required documents;
- Supervise and direct subcontractor personnel as required to support commissioning activities (i.e.: HVAC balancing, fire protection commissioning, etc.). Plan work with the subcontractors and monitor it and control it in accordance with the terms of the contract to stay within the budget and schedule constraints. Report and document subcontractor work activities on a daily basis in accordance with applicable procedures;
- Prepare system preoperational test procedures for assigned systems. Complete testing per Bechtel Corporate Standard Test and Commissioning Procedures (STCP) and Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPP), pre-op procedures and other specific procedures which may be required to be prepared in this position. Complete all test records, data sheets, etc. to fully document testing activities;
- Prepare system turnover packages in accordance with project procedures by assembling and reviewing all system test documentation (all disciplines) for adequacy and completeness;
- Coordinate with and provide direction to supplier Technical Assistants to complete commissioning of vendor supplied equipment. Monitor supplier TA activities to ensure proper charging of TA time (i.e.: ensure Bechtel is not charged for TA time spent addressing the vendor's own issues). Plan work accordingly and control the expenditure of TA time to stay within the budget constraints for each PO; Report and document vendor work activities on a daily basis in accordance with applicable procedures;
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on review of documents during development of the preoperational test procedures and executing of the commissioning to ensure all such documents are consistent; Prepare the necessary design change and non-conformance documents in accordance with Bechtel procedures as required to document as-built conditions and/or properly resolve deficiencies;
- Prepare detailed startup plans for assigned project system commissioning activities, integrate all discipline activities into these plans; Provide input and updates to project controls as required to maintain accuracy and progress of project schedules, QURR and other progress tracking tools;
- Supervise field manual craft as required to perform assigned tasks; monitor and control craft performance and be accountable for performance of the craft against the budget;
- Participate in system turnover walkdowns for both Construction and Client turnovers; initiate, track and resolve punchlist items for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Using well developed interpersonal skills to interact closely and frequently with client management and operations and maintenance personnel while maintaining a level of commercial awareness that does not create adverse exposure to the project's financial and schedule positions;
- Coordinate and oversee MEP subcontractor testing
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Bechtel Standard Applications such as Aconex in the execution of work assignments;
- Work hours as required, including shift-work, overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary to support the project;
- Ensures that work being performed is within scope of services and within budget.
- Inputs to project management, engineering, and construction to ensure startup requirements are incorporated into project activities, including review of project designs and construction to ensure plant operability and operating personnel safety.
- Coordinates with client representatives to obtain approval on work as it is accomplished.
- Reviews and approves key startup methods, procedures, and schedules on assigned project(s).
- Performs performance reviews for personnel supervised and provides appropriate on-the-job training for their professional development
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, a hard science or mathematics from an accredited college or university, or a professional license in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline from a recognized licensing board, or extensive progressive work experience in the power generation industry;
- Must have Steam turbine commissioning experience
- Five years' experience in the utility scale power generation industry or Rail Project
- Must be able to walk at least 3 miles per day over uneven ground and be able to climb stair towers 75' in height at least 6 times per day to access project equipment.
- Must be able to obtain the right to work and remain in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia