Requisition ID: |
- Internal Candidate Under Consideration:
- Relocation Authorized:
- Project No.:
- Electrical lead will support the Riyadh Metro project, providing electrical support for early deliverables which will include, but is not limited to: preparing scoped electrical drawings, subcontract packages, energization and synchronization procedures, work packages, populating quantity database, reviewing engineering design, procurement documentation, spare parts, and vendor submittals.
- Duties could also include preparing deliverables for other disciplines and supporting functional activities.
- The Electrical Commissioning Supervisor will support plant start-up and commissioning process. The lead will be responsible for managing electrical commissioning, including assigning systems and responsibilities to the electrical startup engineers under his/her direction. This will require coordinating with mechanical, instrumentation and control systems disciplines as well as the Consortium Partners within the startup organization to complete all required testing from component level through integrated operation with the rest of the facility;
- Preparation of system testing and turnover documentation including scoped documents, test records, test procedures and other similar required documents;
- Supervise and direct subcontractor personnel as required to support commissioning activities (i.e.: HVAC, fire protection commissioning, meter & relay testing, etc.). Plan work with the subcontractors and monitor it and control it in accordance with the terms of the contract to stay within the budget and schedule constraints. Report and document subcontractor work activities on a daily basis in accordance with applicable procedures;
- Prepare system preoperational test procedures for assigned systems if Self-perform work is done. Complete testing per Bechtel Corporate Standard Test and Commissioning Procedures (STCP) and Standard Work Process Procedures (SWPP), pre-op procedures and other specific procedures which may be required to be prepared in this position. Complete all test records, data sheets, etc. to fully document testing activities;
- Prepare system turnover packages in accordance with project procedures by assembling and reviewing all system test documentation (all disciplines) for adequacy and completeness;
- Coordinate with and provide direction to supplier Technical Assistants to complete commissioning of vendor supplied equipment. Monitor supplier TA activities to ensure proper charging of TA time (i.e.: ensure Bechtel is not charged for TA time spent addressing the vendor's own issues). Plan work accordingly and control the expenditure of TA time to stay within the budget constraints for each PO; Report and document vendor work activities on a daily basis in accordance with applicable procedures;
- Provide input to engineering on revisions required to system descriptions, vendor operating and maintenance manuals, etc. based on review of documents during development of the preoperational test procedures and executing of the commissioning to ensure all such documents are consistent; Prepare the necessary design change and non-conformance documents in accordance with Bechtel procedures as required to document as-built conditions and/or properly resolve deficiencies;
- Prepare detailed startup plans for assigned project system commissioning activities, integrate all discipline activities into these plans; Provide input and updates to project controls as required to maintain accuracy and progress of project schedules, QURR and other progress tracking tools;
- Supervise field manual craft as required to perform assigned tasks; monitor and control craft performance and be accountable for performance of the craft against the budget;
- Oversee, and coordinate MEP Subcontractors as required
- Participate in system turnover walkdowns for both Construction and Client turnovers; initiate, track and resolve punchlist items for assigned areas of responsibility;
- Apply knowledge of industry and regulatory standards, and design criteria pertinent to utility scale electrical systems such as ANSI/IEEE C50, IEEE C57, IEEE 115, NETA Guidelines, NFPA 70, to development of test plans and procedures;
- Perform live electrical work in accordance with corporate procedures and guidance.
- Using well developed interpersonal skills to interact closely and frequently with client management and operations and maintenance personnel while maintaining a level of commercial awareness that does not create adverse exposure to the project's financial and schedule positions;
- Use Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Bechtel Standard Applications such as Aconex in the execution of work assignments;
- Work hours as required, including shift-work, overtime, weekends and holidays as necessary to support the project;
- Perform other duties as directed in support of project activities
Expected assignment duration is approximately 3.5 years at the Riyadh Metro jobsite Riyadh Saudi Arabia.
- A bachelor's degree in engineering, a hard science or mathematics from an accredited college or university, or a current or previously held industry or military license/certification/qualification in electrical work, or a sufficient number of specialized courses in an appropriate engineering or scientific discipline to meet the job requirements, or extensive progressive work experience in the power generation industry;
- 10 years' experience in the Commissioning of utility scale projects such as power, Petro Chem or Rail,
- Experience on Rail Commissioning a plus but not required.
- Five years' experience in the testing or maintenance of medium voltage switchgear, transformers and power distribution systems including calibration of the associated protective relaying;
- At least five years' experience in supervising and managing craft electrical workers to perform maintenance or commissioning activities;
- Must be able to walk at least 3 miles per day over uneven ground and be able to climb stair towers 75' in height at least 6 times per day to access project electrical equipment.
- Must have the right to work and remain in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
BOPS Guidelines include the minimum time that you need to be in your current position before applying to a new position. Please refer to the Guidelines and ensure you meet the minimum requirements.