|Job Ref:||10646BR||Employer:||MWH||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Falmer||Address:||Post Date:||06/10/2016 04:05|
MWH Treatment is looking to strengthen their Commercial team with a Senior Quantity Surveyor working within the CMDP Joint Venture. CMDP is a joint venture between Costain & MWHT and will deliver a range of schemes to maintain and improve Southern Water's water supply and wastewater treatment works in the eastern half of its region (Kent & East Sussex). The individual projects are the design and construction of improvements to clean water and dirty water treatment plants, including pumping stations and sea outfalls. Individual projects within the programme will range in value from £250K up to £20M. The work content is both Heavy civil engineering and Mechanical and electrical activities. You will report directly to the Managing Quantity Surveyor and duties/responsibilities of the role will include. |
• Quantity surveying duties in respect of managing projects or a work package or packages
• Liaise with design, construction and supply chain teams to capture, analyse and control cost
• Report to the Managing QS when contractual notices and correspondence under the main contract and sub-contracts are identified as necessary
• Manage early warnings and change control
• Prepare and manage sub-contractor accounts including enquiries, orders, payments, sub-contract administration and accounts in accordance with the contract and CVB procedures.
• Ensure appropriate commercial records are maintained
• The preparation of project cost & value reports, budgets and forecasts.
• Assist in the preparation and agreement of applications for payment
• Be proactive in self-development and professional qualification
• Assist in the development of Quantity surveyors and graduate QSs
• Carry out sub-contractor performance reviews on allocated sub-contractors
• Working towards or have chartered membership of a recognised institution
• Degree or equivalent
• NEC3 or other target cost contract experience
• Several years' experience in civil engineering
• Experience of managing and developing an individual or small team
• Ambitious and dynamic personality.
We are an equal opportunities employer
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location)