|Job Ref:||80708BR||Employer:||Raytheon Company||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Harlow||Address:||Post Date:||04/10/2016 07:26|
Job Title: Project Scheduler / Planner|
Req ID: 80709BR
Location(s): Harlow or West London
Raytheon is a leader in Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems, combining sensors and advanced networks to create entirely new ways of perceiving the world. Our Defence Intelligence Solutions (DIS) business is an industry leader in Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and a trusted partner for MOD. Over the past 30 years, Raytheon has developed a deep understanding of Defence Intelligence missions through its involvement in multiple UK and international programmes, and has the domain knowledge and mission understanding crucial to the success of our customers. In recent years, Raytheon has partnered with MOD to successfully overcome challenges and complexities. Raytheon's culture is that we stand firm on our customer commitments - we will deliver.
The programme is a very dynamic, information technology-focused effort with multiple subcontractors supporting an operationally oriented customer with numerous mission critical demands. The systems include a collection of infrastructure components of servers, storage, workstations, networking and printers, and also a number of image analysis, processing, storage and retrieval software solutions. The systems are deployed across a number of sites in the UK with a mobile field deployed component for use in the UK and abroad.
Raytheon UK is looking for a dynamic and high performing Project Controller with current MOD or Govt experience to work within Raytheon's Intelligence Solutions Business. This role is within for a large scale information systems development and sustainment project of significant operational and strategic importance within MOD. This is a complex and challenging high profile role, with extensive communication and interfacing requirements with the programme stakeholders, demanding excellent interpersonal skills and high levels of energy and stamina. The work location will primarily be based at our West London Customer Site with frequent visits to other customer and company sites in the UK and occasional travel to the US.
• Responsible for integrity of the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) ensuring that all activities, events and milestones are logically linked and fully resourced with labour hours, materials and subcontract payments.
• Perform analysis such as critical path, schedule risk analysis and Earned Value variance root cause analysis.
• Maintain the IMS as required, and aligned to the fiscal calendar and provide an accurate Cost to Complete (EAC) for financial reporting.
• Support the Programme Manager with analysis of trend data and provision of metrics for review at Programme Review Boards.
• Ensure contractual and programme baseline control management is utilised to ensure the IMS maintain a true and realistic baseline.
• Support the Integrated Project Team on the use and analysis of EV data.
• To monitor the Programme Timesheet Bookings to ensure accurate cost collection.
• Support to the Programme Manager, CAMs and Programme Accountant to establish budget authorisations. Monthly collation and analysis of finance data such as schedule derived Estimates To Complete (ETCs).
• Support the development of Programme Work Breakdown Structures (WBS) and Organisational Breakdown Structures (OBS) to ensure effective cost and schedule reporting.
• To support Bid and Proposal activities through the collation and transfer of Basis of Estimates into the Pricing Team
• Demonstrate professional knowledge of working in a Project / Programme Management / Control environment.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Risk Management Processes.
• Experience of Microsoft Project EPM 2010, and other Microsoft Office applications (Excel. Word, Powerpoint).
• Ability to support and guide Programme Managers and their Teams
• Ability to multi-task, with good written and verbal communication skills across all levels of the business
• Ability to work with diverse project teams and stakeholders
• Ability to support, guide and influence project teams to ensure programmes are set up in accordance with Raytheon standard practices and processes.
• Commercial and Business awareness in a complex projects environment
• Educated to Degree Level or equivalent although not essential with demonstrable relevant experience.
• Experience of working with complex systems engineering type programmes.
• Demonstrate working knowledge of Earned Value Management (EVM).
• Experience of working within the Defence Industry.
• Currently holds SC clearance or the ability to gain the clearance
• This position will require a considerable amount of interaction with all levels of management, which will require strong interpersonal skills to assert best practice in an environment of competing priorities.
• Flexible approach to all tasks.
Raytheon Career Development:
Raytheon has a wealth of resources available to help you develop your career from the moment you join.
Activities range from online learning modules, to external training and support for taking professional qualifications relevant to your role.
25 days holiday + statutory holidays, Contributory Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Flexible Benefits, Enhanced sick pay scheme
Diversity is a core business imperative at Raytheon. We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes inclusiveness and always employs the best professionals for the job. Having a diverse workforce allows Raytheon to draw upon a range of different ideas and experiences which supports growing our business and creates an environment where everyone has an equal opportunity for success.
Raytheon Application Process To apply visit the link to the website NA
and search for Req ID: 80708BR
Please complete the online instructions to create a profile and upload CV.
Please also view the Raytheon video: NA
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon UK is a subsidiary of Raytheon Company. We are a prime contractor and major supplier to the UK Ministry of Defence and have developed strong capabilities in mission systems integration in defence, National & Cyber security and commercial markets. Raytheon UK also designs, develops and manufactures a range of high technology electronic systems and software solutions at its facilities in Harlow, Glenrothes, Gloucester, Waddington and Broughton.
Raytheon Company, with 2015 sales of $23 billion and 61,000 employees, is a technology and innovation leader specialising in defence, civil government and cyber security solutions.
With a history of innovation spanning 94 years, Raytheon provides state of the art electronics, mission systems integration, C5I products and services, sensing, effects, and mission support for customers in more than 80 countries.
Raytheon provides state-of-the-art electronics, mission systems integration and other capabilities in the areas of sensing; effects; and command, control, communications and intelligence systems, as well as cyber security and a broad range of mission support services. Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Mass Raytheon.
Type Of Job
United Kingdom - Harlow
United Kingdom - Feltham
United Kingdom - Wyton