|Job Ref:||1043659||Employer:||KBR, Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||City:||NC||Address:||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:01|
When you become part of the KBR team, your opportunities are endless. As a leading global engineering, construction, and services company, we support the energy, hydrocarbon, government services, minerals, civil infrastructure, power, industrial, and commercial markets on six continents. Serving our customers through diverse business segments, we offer challenging assignments on some of the world's largest and most complex projects where our clients have come to value us, because they know We Deliver. |
With more than 27,000 employees around the world, we deliver top-quality service and performance in engineering, construction, operations and maintenance, logistics and project management services to clients who entrust us with their most vital projects.
Join us and you'll be part of a dynamic, elite team of professionals who understand what it takes to get a job done and has the experience, knowledge and determination to succeed.
Position Title: Principal Technical Professional - Process
KBR is seeking a Principal Technical Professional - Process. Functional job responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
• Under broad direction, the Technical Professional Leader supervises and leads a group of engineers. The incumbent provides technical direction over a group and is responsible for coaching and developing lower level professionals. He/She plans, budgets, organizes, and controls an important segment of a very extensive and highly diversified engineering program or an entire engineering program of moderate scope. Job role is responsible for a measurable asset such as an assigned staff and budget.
• Responsible for study, design, and specification and services related to ammonia synthesis and handling, phosphate fertilizer manufacture, mineral processing, and utilities.
• Responsible for heat and material balance, the development of process flow diagrams, piping and instrument diagrams, system design parameters, and design or rating of equipment and apparatus such as heat exchangers, vessels, reactors, etc.
• May also be responsible for development of process simulators and advanced controls/process optimization.
• Capable of working as an individual on small capital project providing direction to a multidiscipline team, and in a team environment on large capital projects with other process resources.
• Travels to job sites and performs moderate physical activity related to field investigation of plant operations and layout.
• Travels to job sites and performs moderate physical activity (25% of the time)
o Typical physical demands
• Climbing ladders over 12 feet to access platforms for equipment evaluation
• Climbing stairs, both internal and external, up to 6 stories
• Walking up to ½ mile, often over uneven surfaces
• Using ear protection
• Working in outside weather conditions, including rain, extreme heat and cold
• Adhere to client site rules and regulations with a commitment to safety, client satisfaction, and company core values.
• Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
• 15 years of process engineering experience, of which at least 5 years in Fertilizer Processing.
• Familiar with material balance software such as Aspen, WinGems, Pro II and/or UniSim
• PE Licensure is preferred
• Valid Driver's License
• Will perform travel and job site responsibilities
KBR offers a selection of competitive lifestyle benefits which could include a 401(k)K plan with company match, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D, flexible spending account, disability, paid time off, or flexible work schedule. We support career advancement through professional training and development.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.