Legal Advisor (m/F)
Bombardier Transportation, a global leader in rail technology, offers the broadest portfolio in the rail industry and delivers innovative products and services that set new standards in sustainable mobility. BOMBARDIER ECO4 technologies - built on the four cornerstones of energy, efficiency, economy and ecology - conserve energy, protect the environment and help to improve total train performance. Bombardier Transportation is headquartered in Berlin, Germany, and has a very diverse customer base with products or services in more than 60 countries. It has an installed base of over 100,000 vehicles worldwide.
For our Derby site, we are currently looking to recruit a Legal Advisor
The role can also be based in London as a secondary location
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- The position entails undertaking responsibility for bids and contracts in execution within the WMA Region - UK Contracts and Legal Affairs team. The Legal Advisor provides advice relating to legal and contractual matters with Customers and Suppliers, ensuring that commercial contractual risks are assessed, monitored and mitigated.
- This person is responsible for preparing legal framework and for providing support and negotiation to Bids, Claims, Manufacturing and Supply Contracts, Operation and Maintenance Contracts, Procurement Contracts.
- From time to time there may also be a need to address other forms of contractual documents and financial instruments: eg Consortium Agreement, Shareholders and Joint Venture Agreements, Agency and Consultant Agreements, Technology Transfer Agreements, Software License Agreement, letter of credits, bonds, sureties, parent company guarantees, comfort letters etc.
- The role is also responsible for ensuring the compliance of such activities and contracts with Bombardier's governance rules, notably in obtaining and maintaining Group and Corporate mandates in a timely fashion.
- The position includes undertaking responsibility for issues that are not related to projects, such as real estate, fixed assets, lease agreements, environmental matters, non-project related court proceedings, non-project insurance matters, company secretarial matters.
- Analysis of contract documents; assessment of risks coming into business and preparation of approvals (Blue Book) submission for complex projects.
- Negotiation and drafting of Terms and Conditions of contracts and other required documentation (i.e. Performance Bonds, Parent Company Guarantees etc.) with customers and suppliers in relation to the bids between ITT and contract execution.
- Support to Project Execution governance: support to the project team(s) with project execution requirements might be occasionally required.
- Work with Bid, Project and Procurement teams to ensure legal advice is given in a timely fashion to allow the business to protect itself, maximize opportunities and claim all entitlements.
- Lead the development and going provision of high quality training programs and materials to ensure that all WMA UK employees connected with bids, projects and procurement activities are proficient in dealing with terms and conditions at a day-to-day level and for reaching agreement within mandate with Customers.
- Relevant experience as Legal Advisor in a similar environment, i.e. highly complex business and legal setting
- Industry experience in rail is preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience in commercial or contract law
- Strong experience in negotiations and very good analytical skills
- Experience in company law and or compliance related matters will be beneficial
- Fluency in other languages is a plus
- Team orientation and leadership skills
Are you interested in starting an exciting career at Bombardier Transportation? If so, apply now at company website and start your dynamic career today!
Your ideas move people.
Posting date; 05.07.2016
Closing date: 05.08.2016
Competitive salary range
Number of working hours: 37