|Job Ref:||1615241||Employer:||Tyco||Country:||United States||County/State:||Kentucky||City:||Lexington||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 22:08|
Fire Sprinkler Apprentice |
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, we’ve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But we’re always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, it’s vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
Sprinkler apprentices assist the foreman/journeymen with the installation of fire sprinkler systems, including start up through final testing. Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions in English, carry/move equipment and tools weighing up to 50 pounds and perform work from unusual and sometimes difficult positions, including attics and on scaffolding. Candidate must be able to work from ladders and lifts up to 40 feet or more and adhere to all company safety policies and procedures. Will secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period to prevent damage or loss. Must be able to work alternate shifts or weekends to meet customer’s requirements.
Who we’re looking for:
• Be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be a high school graduate or possess a GED (will be verified, if selected).
• Submit a completed, signed SimplexGrinnell employment application.
• Possess a valid driver’s license (must be provided at time of application, or in the case of an online application, prior to an interview) and a dependable means of transportation to the employer’s place of business and/or jobsite, and to the place where classroom job related instruction is conducted.
• Be physically capable of performing the essential functions of the Apprenticeship program, with or without a reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the health and safety of the individual or others.
• Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in written format.
Tyco’s mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
• 80% of the world’s top 200 retailers
• More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
• 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
• 300 international airports
• 100 major stadiums around the world
• Most of the Fortune 500
• 50% of US universities
• Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and Benefits:
We’ll expect a lot from you, but we’ll also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And we’ll always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, you’ll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Job: Installation Service
Shift: Day Job