- Reporting to the Vice President, Construction the Director, Business Development is a hands on role that performs business development and marketing activities including planning and strategy for target market segments and/or clients. This position is responsible for obtaining new work, managing all sales functions and cultivating client, subcontract and supplier strategic partner relationships. This role's focus is on the conventional energy sector including EPC, Cogeneration, Petro Chemical and natural gas. This role includes the U.S. market and excludes the nuclear sector.
- Work with the broader Energy Business Development team to align target market segments
- Develop alongside operations, the objectives and strategies to support the overall divisional business goals in the target market segments
- Execute the objectives that come from the strategy planning and implement the Business Unit strategic planning and business plan.
- Prepare and execute business development action plans for target markets/clients.
- Keep & maintain business development statistics
- Monitor sales activity and market conditions and adjust the business development strategy as appropriate.
- Perform market research in areas such as market size, growth potential, market shares and new market entry.
- Preparation and submittal of pre-qualification documentation.
- Establish strategy for success on all proposals by working with the Estimating & Proposals group
- Develop, help to write and close and follow up proposals.
- Negotiate with or assist in negotiations with the client, meeting the client's needs through the proposal stage.
- Provide advice, liaison, planning, etc. to prospective and current clients.
- Establish and maintain effective contact with clients. Identify new work leads and manage lead follow-up.
- Maintain contact with the client post-award.
- Attend conference, trade shows and join applicable associations to foster client relationships
- Maintain list of opportunities and schedule work with Estimating for resource planning.
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Past experience working in a Business development role within the Energy sector
- Knowledge of Aecon and its divisions, their capabilities and market interests
- Technical background, NA., CET or equivalent industry experience
- MBA an asset
- Strong Negotiating skills
- Ability to report data and analyze data for relevant trends
- Well organized and able to work well under pressure
- Commercial knowledge
- Management and supervision skills
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits .
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.