- The Field/Resident Engineer will report to the Project Manager and will be responsible for the day to day Site engineering issues and represent the SNC Discipline Leads.
- In accordance with prescribed safety procedures and regulations Safety is the number one Core Value of the JV:
- Participate in the administration of the Safety and QA program and all aspects of Safety, Quality Control (QC) and Quality Surveillance (QS) programs by ensuring that all relevant Safety and QA procedures are adhered to. Prepare and maintain documents related to Safety and QA procedures as necessary and make recommendations to Field Engineering Manger regarding the procedural changes as appropriate. Work with Safety and QA personnel during audits.
- Review and become familiar with applicable drawings, specifications, procedures and codes involving Engineering Discipline being represented. Input to design and other groups on standard industry practices, constructability, and installation processes through all phases of installation of designed OPG approved EC's (Engineering Changes) and the Design of the incomplete EC's.
- Provide interpretations of drawings and specifications as required.
- Assist in the resolution of installation/modification problems. Discuss with JV Design Team and prepare "as built" drawings or develop working sketches of problem areas as necessary. Participate in development and disposition of Site generated RFI's (Request for Information).
- Participate with QC in the assembly of all necessary documentation including Inspection & Test Plans (ITP) and perform project planning/assessing in preparation for execution using Clients Asset Suites 7 Program.
- Work with Commissioning Team as required
- Demonstrate and assist Project Coordinators in their role and the operation of special equipment, tools, and in performing the various discipline functions, periodically, setting context for work assignment and checking quality and progress of work performed. Field Engineer will work and contribute as a member of a Project Team.
- Provide advice to and liaise with the materials function, design, and external suppliers on such items as material specifications, material deficiencies, substitutions, and other matters of concern. As directed working with the Project Coordinators, requisition material required for Projects from both internal and external sources.
- Review schedule requirements and ensure that the product and/or service is provided as required by the Project Schedule, participate in the Two Week Look-ahead Meetings thereby anticipating and identify problem areas, informing Field Engineering Manger as appropriate. Coordinate work activities with other groups.
- Assist other groups in the resolution of cost-related problems, the improvement of constructability, and the disposition of RFI's and redundant material. Prepare scopes and calculate quantities for projects and modifications. Participate in the development of cost estimates and monitoring progress.
- Assemble turnover phase completion documents and coordinate input from other sources. Communicate on an ongoing basis with clients on matter pertaining to transfer of control and completion status (AFS- Available for Service).
- Requires entering the operating island, confined spaces, confinement, containment, buddy areas and other areas during an outage/non-outage where there is exposure to hazards such as radiation, steam, etc. for duties such as field walk-downs, verifications, inspections and tests witnessing.
- As directed, oversee all day to day JV activities at the workplace and maintain a daily log. Prepare or input technical specifications ensuring that assigned Trade disciplines perform as specified.
- Accountable for the health, safety and well being of self and others, in accordance with JV's and Clients Plans, Procedures and Standards, and includes the development of technical/operating solutions to problems.
- Review and approve shop drawings
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Candidate for this position must be a graduate Engineer with 5 years minimum of field experience,
- Required NA. accreditation with PEO
Compensation & Benefits Overview
Aecon offers the opportunity to work on challenging, high profile projects and provides competitive compensation and benefits.
Aecon is an equal opportunity employer.
Aecon accommodates. Upon request, Aecon accommodates candidates with disabilities throughout the hiring process.