|Job Ref:||27244BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Cary||Address:||Post Date:||27/10/2016 01:01|
Functions in a mid level engineer capacity, or technical specialist. Under general supervision, performs all aspects of conventional design engineering and analysis. Broadens knowledge and skill set in area of discipline. May start to expand knowledge in other disciplines and/or functional areas. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Responsible for transmission line engineering including detailed design for high voltage transmission projects through 500kv. Depending upon complexity of the project, the candidate may prepare, provide guidance, or assist in preparing and developing the engineering deliverables for electric transmission projects - including line routing, structure selection & design, structure loading calculations and drawings, foundation calculations and drawings, plan & profile drawings, hardware & conductor selection, equipment & construction specifications, and all associated calculations. Detailed knowledge of NESC code and ASCE 48-11 transmission & structure design is required. Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team, such as civil/structural, substation, generation, to coordinate overall design package and requirements. Other duties include developing technical specifications, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, ensuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Responsible for handling multiple projects and providing a detailed design package that complies with applicable engineering design standards and all safety codes.
• Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
• Minimum 3 years related work experience
Preferred Job Qualifications
• Proficient in engineering theories and principles
• Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strongly prefer candidates who have successfully passed the EIT exam.
• Proficiency with software including: PLS-CADD, PLS-POLE, PLS-Tower, RISA-3D, FAD and/or LPILE
• Possess the ability to learn on the fly, problem solve, deal with ambiguity and have a strong drive for results.
• Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guidelines.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females