|Job Ref:||27258BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||City:||US||Address:||Post Date:||15/10/2016 01:01|
Drive the process to acquire new clients and engagements and responsible for all aspects of assigned engagements. Direct the development of processes and techniques to improve operations and develop marketable service offerings. Provide input on the strategic plans for the organization. Utilize capabilities exhibiting thought leadership. Provides technical or industry knowledge to contribute to the completion of all engagement phases. Demonstrates capabilities with minimal oversight. Scope and size of projects they contribute to are generally large in size, high in volume or they may own a significant portion of a larger project. May lead a large size effort or project team. May delegate team work assignments through various phases of an engagement. May manage projects from prospect to client deliverable. |
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Contributes to or leads the development and implementation of the strategic direction and objectives of a service offering or business line
• Manages employees in engagements and provides input for performance management and compensation • Leads development of products and/or services • Guides the career development of other employees in the firm or provide mentoring. May provide overall performance evaluation. Evaluates employee contribution to specific engagements. Creates opportunities via engagement assignments for the development of an employee's competencies.
• Matrix Management:
Transfers knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others' knowledge and skill levels. Provide ongoing feedback to professionals on the projects and their supervisors. Complete project evaluation forms.
• Delegates work duties according to the development opportunities and needs of individuals
• Creates leverage and maintains productive key relationships within client organizations. Seeks opportunities with existing or new clients. Actively pursues the acquisition of new engagements.
• Identifies and addresses critical success factors for complex engagements. Analyzes and aligns solutions with the business objectives.
• Simultaneously manages multiple engagements, as necessary.
• Secures receivables from clients during and after completion of engagements.
• Develops or encourages creation of profitable service products to be sold to clients in defined service offerings
Industry Knowledge Capability:
• Leads delivery of innovative solutions from concept through implementation for client engagements.
• Serves as an adviser to engagement teams.
• Leads quality reviews of assigned engagements
Project Management Capability:
• Manages and leads all aspects of an engagement including staffing and operations as well as client relationships.
• Defines and develops a knowledge management strategy and plan for engagements.
• Ascertains risks to the success of engagements and minimizes or eliminates their impact.
• Manages multiple projects at any one time, as necessary.
• Manages highly complex or high volume of engagements with factors that may include: enterprise wide or multiple business units; manager other contractor/vendors on the project; high level of technology integration within the engagement; or cross-functional and/or multi-dimensional teams. Scope:
Billable hours and business development targets established in annual goal setting process.
• May supervise work of others. Responsible for hiring, discipline, and pay administration of their subordinates. May have management responsibility for the people to whom they provide work direction. Positions supervised: Analyst, Consulting, Sr. Analyst, Consulting, Consultant, Manager, Consulting and Principal Consultant. May also act as a project manager of a project team. Individuals comprising this team may vary by project.
Bachelor's degree or relevant work experience. Has successfully managed multiple engagements simultaneously. Contributor or leader to acquire new engagements. Typically 12-15+ years in a business/consulting environment. Strong utilities background. Deep background in consulting and client delivery.
Preferred Job Qualifications
Master's degree preferred. Business development of 5+ years preferred. Advanced business development capability. Background in natural gas industry. Business and consulting management skills. • People management skills including recruiting, evaluation, and mentoring. • Advanced knowledge in all aspects of consulting processes. Extensive client management and negotiation skills. • Advanced knowledge of the marketplace. • Advanced interpersonal skills. Consultant Competencies: • Action Oriented • Business Acumen • Comfort Around Higher Management • Customer Focus • Dealing with Ambiguity • Interpersonal Savvy • Learning on the Fly
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females