|Job Ref:||017583||Employer:||Hitachi||Country:||Australia||City:||Melbourne||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:05|
Job purpose |
The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage is primarily responsible for leadership in the definition, development and support of pre-sales and post sales delivery of solutions for HDS customers with specific focus on the development of new infrastructure hosting platforms for applications/systems, technical processes, and directs activities necessary to complete major projects.
The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage will partner with HDS internal stakeholders, HDS partners and customers to understand and document business and technology requirements through to the creation and presentation of proposals and supporting the delivery of these solutions through to customer acceptance.
The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage role is multi-faceted with responsibilities including actively participating in customer facing sales cycles, gathering business and technology requirements, ensuring appropriate designs and services are developed and supporting deal closure and delivery. The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage role is knowledgeable in the latest technology trends and have will advise business leaders on how to get the most out of HDS (and 3 rd party) solutions.
The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage i s responsible for understanding emerging and evolving end user usage models and requirements in data protection, data hosting, and supporting
Hardware, software and applications the deliver data protection capabilities. This capability is used to gain understandings of business needs, technology implications and methods that can be used to architect, develop and implement enterprise solutions that solve business and technology problems
This role will have significant experience in the following technologies, including but not limited to:
• Hitachi Data Systems Storage solutions
• Hitachi Data systems converged platforms
• Hitachi Data Systems Software solutions
• Third party products (typically used in conjunction with HDS solutions)
• Backup technologies
o Veritas (including software, hardware and appliance based solutions)
o Cloud based backup solutions
and documenting those usage models and business, technical and user requirements and designing a solutions architecture to meet those requirements and specifying a solution stack, including relevant hardware, software and services required. Additionally, the Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage is responsible for solution architectures including HDS's data protection and storage and technologies.
The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage documents the solution architectures and solution requirements and, when needed, defines end user proofs of concept to test the architectures, usage models and corresponding technologies in testbed or real end user environments. They also work with end users and ecosystem partners to deploy those solutions in early adopter production environments
The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage will operate in a dynamic team , as well as an extended internal team including but not limited to, HDS Sales, Pre-sales, 3 rd party partners, APAC and Global delegates and customers. The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage may be the solution lead on one deal and a member of an extended solution team on the next. The role is varied and will change focus depending on where strategic opportunities exist. It is expected that the majority of deals will be of a complex nature, including strategic accounts, managed or service based outcomes or have sufficient complexity to require detailed planning, design and delivery capabilities.
A high level of interaction with HDS stakeholders, related 3 rd party organisations, customers and other internal groups is required. The Principal Consultant - Data Protection & Storage will be expected to build and maintain relationships both locally and globally to facilitate this.
The role includes the following key accountabilities:
• Exhibiting a balance of technical, documentation and people skills, and have experience in Enterprise based technical environments
• Working with customers to understand business and technology challenges.
• Defining and documenting functional and non-functional requirements.
• Owning the development and delivery of a solution or set of solutions either individually or as part of a team
• Being responsible for the development and delivery of the solution and proposal.
• Building detailed service scope and ensuring the service solution fits the requirements
• Working with Service Delivery to agree scope and a Service Catalogue.
• Working with Sales to gain an understanding of strategies and win themes to assist in proposal development.
The purpose of the role is to provide the Services Group with the ability to quickly produce both complex and repeatable solutions to enable the group to aggressively acquire customers and grow the business with complex consumption or outcome based deals.
Working under the direction of the Manager, Solutions Consulting Office or the Services Business Managers, participate in the qualification of opportunities, and the bid / no-bid decision process.
• Working as part of a team to create acquisition strategies for the Sales and Services Groups.
• Understanding the customer's business including but not limited to:
o Industry awareness
o Compliance requirements
o Business Challenges
o Technology Challenges
• Working with customers to identify and document these key business and technology challenges
• Developing trusting relationships with customer managerial and technical contacts
• Creating and documenting solutions to solve business challenges that are technically valid, achievable and represent optimum solutions for the customer and HDS
• Owning the overall solution blueprint and roadmap
• Being accountable for the technical integrity of the solutions, cost effectiveness and supportability that meets client requirements and industry best practices
• Participating in deals to structure and create proposals and bids
• When required, participate in formal presentations to customers on solutions and outcomes
• Developing and presenting clear and concise presentations, and documentation of technical opportunities, constraints, recommendations, and action items to both internal and external audiences
• Leading Solution teams including support of HDS's bid management process when required
• Creating repeatable solutions, templates and proposals
• Working with Sales, own key relationships during sales cycles
• Build and maintain key customer relationships to facilitate current and future sales
• Working with the global organisation to both share local knowledge and leverage global knowledge, resources, processes and tools
• Work with the global organisation to drive consistent improvement processes into both the global organisation and the Australian Services Group (GSS)
• Providing internal coaching and support to HDS Technical and support resources to foster internal knowledge sharing and development.
• Providing thought leadership around best practices and new/emerging concepts
• Takes ownership for design implementation, providing assurance that key requirements are preserved and that gaps are understood and communicated to stakeholders as appropriate.
• University Degree , or equivalent formal education with disciplines including Computer Science or Information Technology. Post-graduate specialisation in these disciplines is preferred.
• 10 years of experience in Storage and Data Protection Management with hand on technical implementation experience of IT infrastructure projects (e.g., Storage Refresh or Migration, Storage Tiering, VTL deployment)
• 5 years of SAN storage management (i.e. Hitachi, EMC, HP)
• 5 years of NAS storage management (Hitachi, EMC or NetApp)
• 5 years of experience with Backup and Recovery hardware and software (i.e. Legato, StorageTek, Veritas, Omniback, CommVault NDMP, Virtual tape platforms)
• 5 years of disaster recovery experience with both storage based replication, cloud based and tape based recovery
• Proven experience in successfully design and delivery of complex Business solutions based on leading data protection technologies
• Minimum 5 years of experience as a Technical/Solution Architect in with one or more key technology platforms
• Proven experience in virtualisation architecture, design and deployment
• Excellent skills in documenting technical designs that properly support and balance business requirements
• 3 or more years' experience with Microsoft Hyper-V technologies
• 3 or more years' experience with VMWare technologies
• Hands on experience in the delivery of business and technology outcomes
• A minimum of 5 years vendor, SI, business development or similar consultative type roles
• Experience in the Enterprise IT industry specifically covering solution design, delivery and analysis.
• Experience in supporting complex sales and solutions.
• Strong business and financial acumen.
• Proven ability to resolve conflict and reach agreements
• Communicates in a manner that generates excitement, enthusiasm, and commitment to HDS's mission and strategies. Values and manages diversity, applying a style that empowers and leverages an individual's unique talents.
• Displays strong tenacity and drive to see things through to successful conclusion. Demonstrates a sense of urgency, a propensity for action, and confidence in the likely success of plans and initiatives.
• Experience working with diverse, global teams.
• Strong conceptual understanding of service delivery frameworks (ITIL, CoBIT)
• Strong conceptual understanding of Architecture framework (TOGAF, Zachman, FEAF)
• Strong conceptual understanding of project delivery framework (PMBOK, PRINCE2)
• Able to build strong relationships and work effectively with customers, users, senior level management, sales and peers.
• Well organised, adaptable style and a clear thinker.
• Able to develop well-structured reports with clear, logical and succinct language
• Able to support reports, proposals and presentations with facts
• Able to work autonomously in order to progress project or sales activities
• Ethical and honest in all respects.
• Advanced communication, problem solving and decision making skills - communicates with passion and energy, is highly articulate, makes arguments in a compelling manner and willing to make decisions and be accountable for the results.
• Able to lead a functional team to inspire trust, collaboration, passion and integrity.
• Inclusive - Ensures that all stakeholders have access to the right information at the right time to deliver success
• Inspires trust, collaboration, passion and integrity
• A team player - someone who will actively "jump in" and support the team (even if they don't have all the information).
• A "Can-Do" person who may recognise challenges, problems or difficulties, but takes action and works with stakeholders and peers to develop the best possible outcome
This Position Description is not exhaustive. The role may include additional duties as assigned by management as and when required.