- Requisition ID:
- Position Title:
- Relocation Authorized:
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check
Bechtel, a 118-year-old company, has more than 55,400 colleagues; completed more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries and established presence in 7 continents. We are very proud to be named the Top U.S. Contractor by the Engineering News-Record for the 18th consecutive year. In the Nuclear, Security and Environmental global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
Manages the prime contract and the relationship with the Customer's contracting official for a project. Implements Prime Contract Management Program and establishes contracts administration procedures. Responsible for the training and supervision of contracts personnel supporting prime contract administration and claims identification.
Reports directly to the Project Manager, Business Manager, or other designee. Receives functional guidance from the Manager of Procurement and Contracts. Exercises considerable independent judgment and operates with limited minimal direction from project management, requesting support when required. Provides operational supervision and technical guidance to Prime Contract Administrators and Representative(s) and other personnel supporting contracts or claims activities as assigned.
- Establish and maintain the working relationship with the Customer's contracting official, typically a US Government Contracting Officer;
- Monitor completion of performance-based incentives or other evaluation factors and work with the project team to maximize fee;
- Advise the Project Management Team on the contractual significance of proposed actions. Be the expert on what the prime contract says;
- Prepare and provide contractually significant communications and notices;
- Coordinate with other project team members to identify customer related actions or inactions, which result in constructive contract changes. Recommend and implement actions to document and request the additional compensation or time due Bechtel;
- Establish a Project Change Order Procedure, incorporating the Pending Item and Trend Programs, to provide a methodology to identify changes, quantify the additional time and compensation due Bechtel per the contract, define approval requirements and communicate changes to the Customer;
- Review project proposals for additional scope or changes and lead negotiations to definitize;
- Work with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to ensure that (sub)contracts contain appropriate flow down of prime contract terms, and facilitate organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract formation and administration;
- Participate in project related meetings, work closely with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, and Project Controls, and review project financial data to:
- Ensure awareness of all project activities that may affect the prime contract
- Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, schedule relief and claim avoidance
- Take appropriate actions to protect Bechtel's interest and/or improve project performance
- Ensure compliance with prime contract terms and conditions
- Prepare requests for Equitable Adjustment;
- Participate in Prime Contract Formation when assigned.
- Participate with the project team in identifying the contract baseline, including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract;
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity for risk due to ambiguities, omissions, and conflicts in the contents of documents relative to the contract (bid, proposal, proposal package, etc.) Prepare a risk mitigation plan with the project team and manage the plan's execution;
- Develop and implement the Contract Management Program for the project consistent with the practices and procedures set forth in the Prime Contracts Management Manual, including the Contract Responsibility Management Matrix, the Contract Requirements Action List, and the Contract Notice Requirements Action List;
- Develop a program to identify and prepare claims, when necessary,and coordinate the efforts to negotiate and resolve claims with the Legal Department;
- Ensure contract insurance provisions are adhered to and coordinate with Risk Management personnel regarding occurrences that may be covered by Customer or Bechtel provided insurance.
- Manage the handling of the prime contract closeout requirements;
- Manage personnel assigned to the project Contracts organization;
- Coordinate the development and delivery of ongoing project training to address prime contract management principles;
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management or Cost Engineering with 10 years of contract management experience, preferably management of prime contracts
- In lieu of a formal degree, 19 years of related experience
- Experience or courses in pricing, contract law, contract drafting, administration and negotiation of changes, effective correspondence, planning and scheduling
- Thorough knowledge of prime contract administration office and field procedures
- Direct experience in managing workload distribution and execution of the work as well as personnel interviewing, selection, salary planning, classification changes, performance evaluation, career counseling, transfers and terminations
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements as demonstrated by 6-10 years' experience. DoD, NASA or DOE experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Thorough understanding of Government Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.