- Requisition ID:
- Position Title:
- Relocation Authorized:
- US Citizenship Required: Yes
- Other Requirements: Pre-employment drug screen, background check
Bechtel, a 118-year-old company, has more than 55,400 colleagues; completed more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries and established presence in 7 continents. We are very proud to be named the Top U.S. Contractor by the Engineering News-Record for the 18th consecutive year. In the Nuclear, Security and Environmental global business unit, the demand for our expertise is growing as we deliver the entire project life cycle: from research and development through engineering, procurement, construction and operation to decontamination and decommissioning. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that make the world cleaner and safer.
Provides principal support to the Project management team in the effective administration of the prime contract between Bechtel and its customer and any Joint Venture Agreement(s) between Bechtel and its Joint Venture Partner(s). Responsible for or, on major projects, assists in establishing and implementing contracts administration procedures consistent with the guidelines set forth in the Prime Contracts Management Manual.
Reports directly to the Project Manager, Project Contract Manager or Project Prime Contract Manager or other designated manager. Receives technical and functional guidance from the Project Prime Contract Manager, Project Contract Manager or the responsible functional Manager of Contracts. May provide operational supervision as well as technical and functional guidance to Prime Contract Representative(s) and other contracts/claims personnel as assigned.
- With the project team, identify the contract baseline, including terms and conditions, specifications, drawings, estimate, proposal, schedule and other documents incorporated in the contract.
- Develop and maintain the Contract Management Responsibilities Matrix which records the Project Team's agreed assignment of various contract management tasks;
- Establish and manage the Contract Requirements Action List identifying the specific contract actions and obligations of Bechtel and the customer and the individual responsible for each action;
- Establish and manage a Contract Notice Requirements Action List which identifies the contractually required notices and the individual responsible for initiating each notice;
- Prepare an analysis of the prime contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of potential risk such as ambiguities, omissions and conflicts; as work proceeds, assist the Project Manager in mitigating those risks that arise; closely monitor and support remedial actions as necessary and recommend appropriate tradeoffs to the Project Manager.
- Establish a Project Change Order Procedure, incorporating the Pending Item Program, to provide a methodology to identify changes, quantify the additional time and compensation due Bechtel per the contract, define approval requirements and communicate changes to the Customer;
- Prepare change orders to the contract and, as directed, negotiate such change orders;
- Work with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, Legal and Risk Management to ensure that (sub)contracts contain appropriate flow down of prime contract terms, and assist in facilitating organizational interfaces between those performing (sub)contract formation and administration;
- Participate in project related meetings, work closely with Construction, Engineering, Procurement, and Project Controls, and review project financial data to:
- Ensure awareness of all project activities that may affect the prime contract
- Identify opportunities for revenue enhancement, schedule relief and claim avoidance
- Recommend appropriate actions to protect Bechtel's interest and/or improve project performance
- Ensure compliance with prime contract terms and conditions
- Develop a program to identify and prepare claims as they develop and direct the efforts to negotiate and resolve claims in coordination with the Claims Group and Legal Department;
- Responsible for adherence to contract insurance provisions and coordinates any requirements in this regard with responsible organization and Corporate Risk Management personnel;
- Work with Risk Management organization on any occurrences that may be covered by Customer or Bechtel provided Insurance;
- Coordinate the handling of prime contract closeout requirements;
- Supervise personnel assigned to the project Contracts organization;
- Contribute to the development and delivery of ongoing training to address prime contract management principles, (sub) contract formation and administration and identification of claims;
- May perform similar duties on a retrospective basis while assigned to the Claims Group.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Quantity Surveying, Law, Engineering, Construction Management orCost Engineeringwith6 years of related experience
- In lieu of a formal degree,12 years of related experience
- Solid knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations, and applicable Agency Supplements as demonstrated by 3-5 years experience.
- Solid understanding of Governmental Contracts and the flow-down of applicable clauses and requirements.
- Solid understanding of Government Cost Accounting Standards, and determination process for applicability to the work.
- Working knowledge of engineering/construction industry contracting practices, applicable government and commercial regulations and practices, and Bechtel policies, procedures and work practices
Shaping tomorrow together!
Bechtel is among the most respected engineering, project management, and construction companies in the world. We stand apart for our ability to get the job done right-no matter how big, how complex, or how remote. Bechtel operates through four global business units that specialize in infrastructure; mining and metals; nuclear, security and environmental; and oil, gas, and chemicals. Since its founding in 1898, Bechtel has worked on more than 25,000 projects in 160 countries on all seven continents. Today, our 53,000 colleagues team with customers, partners, and suppliers on diverse projects in nearly 40 countries.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected
veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.