|Job Ref:||CA_37532||Employer:||Carillion plc||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Oman||Address:||Post Date:||12/10/2016 01:03|
Purpose of Role
We’re looking to hire a Finance Controller!
Are you looking to develop your career within Construction/Facilities Management industry and want to be a part of a Leading Multinational company in Middle East?
We are looking for an experienced, dynamic and qualified professional, someone who has strong leadership skills, with the ability to drive change and influence stakeholders. The role holder must be able to manage operational challenges and build strong relationships with the client. A self starter, who can work independently and effectively manage a team to deliver their objectives. He/she must be knowledgeable and experienced with high standards and integrity focused on delivering value and a safe-working culture.
To ensure that all financial transactions are executed, recorded and reported as per generally accepted accounting principles, international accounting standards and as per management policies and procedures. The Finance Manager will also oversee all aspects of the accounting function which include managing a team of accountants, reconcile receivables, financial reporting, cash management, lead the development and enhancement of field accounting and financial processes and facilitate exchange of financial information within the company.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB
· Review the monthly closure of management accounts along with the supporting schedules for internal profit centres.
· Monitor and analyze variances of actuals vs budgets and forecasts.
· Work with the external Auditors, providing information, explanation and guidance to ensure timely accounts closing, reporting and a clean audit report, within the deadlines fixed by the parent company.
· Review existing process in various departments and develop/suggest improvements.
· Liaise with banks for financing and relationship management.
· Assist FD in developing financial systems to facilitate management decision-making.
· Provide inputs to the budget setting process and quarterly reforecasts.
· Assist FD in the implementation of improvement projects.
MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES OPERATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Delivers elements within their Business Unit plan to achieve current year's performance
· Inputs to planning activities with horizons of typically 1-2 years
· Manages activities to support operational delivery and growth for their Business Unit and Professional Function.
· Operates within agreed operational and/or management guidelines
· Maintains effective internal and external client or user relationships within own area of responsibility
· Delivers Health and Safety policy and standards
· Implements Business Unit decisions and sets local priorities
· Applies high level technical skills across a range of functional or business activities
· Focuses on providing input to the annual business, financial and people plan for the specific contract,
project or specialism
Within a Business Unit or a professional function:
• Works within clear budgetary guidelines
• Translates plans and requirements into realistic budgets and targets for sub-teams
• Promotes innovative ways to add value and reduce costs within the team.
• May contribute to budget planning
• Directs Level 1 projects
KNOWLEDGE AND APPLIED SKILLS
• Must be a qualified Chartered Accountant, preferably ACA
• Must have worked with one of the leading international accountancy firms.
• Possesses knowledge of one complex functional or business area
• Track record of success in supporting a major business contract, Business Unit or region and/or providing support to a professional function. Preferably within a construction industry.
• Likely to have in excess of 3 years managerial and/or technical experience.
Leadership Success Factors:
• Knows what makes commercial sense
• Understand the longer-term game
• Nurtures partnerships
• Harnesses performance through teams
• Builds trust with those they come into contact with
• Real passion and enthusiasm to succeed
• Knows how to deliver key projects / initiatives
• Leads others through change
Additional Role Information
Carillion is one of the UK's leading integrated support services companies, with extensive construction capabilities, a substantial portfolio of Public Private Partnership projects and a sector-leading ability to deliver sustainable solutions. We are a global company employing over 40,000 professionals across the world.
Carillion MENA through our various companies and joint venture partnerships in the region we employ over 18,000 people, with established businesses in Oman, Qatar, Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, and annual revenues of more than £1 billion.
Our vision is to be the trusted partner for providing services, delivering infrastructure and creating places that bring lasting benefits to our customers and the communities in which we live and work.
We provide all of the services needed to create and manage places and infrastructure, from design and construction to lifetime maintenance, facilities management and energy efficiency and the infrastructure that allows cities to do business. We also provide essential services to customers in various sectors to support the delivery of public services and business objectives.
Our people and our Values are at the heart of everything we do. They drive our commitment to delivering safe, sustainable and effective solutions for our customers, and creating positive legacies wherever we work.
Carillion in the Middle East has three principal business segments:
Construction services - this includes our building and civil engineering activities.
FM & Property services - this includes facilities management, facilities services and energy services.
Infrastructure services - roads, railways, harbour construction and utility services
Please email your latest CV to : NA